Discussion topic: Sky HDR

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by pdixon0 This message was authored by: pdixon0

Re: Sky HDR

@da1e7150 - @I'll have a look and will send tomorrow...

Thanks

Paul

Sky Q 1TB UHD (HDR) | LG OLED55C9PLA | Yamaha RX-A880 Aventage | PS4 Pro
Sky Q Minibox | Samsung LE37B650T2W
Sky Fibre Unlimited SR203
This message was authored by da1e7150 This message was authored by: da1e7150

@pdixon0  much obliged

I think the only cost to people who have none compatible boxes will be to upgrade to have UHD put in their package. If they are still on an old style package as doesn't signature packs now come with uhd as standard therefore if you have got a uhd package already the it will be a free upgrade box swap like with the old sky+ boxes from many moons ago

This message was authored by Piesarus This message was authored by: Piesarus

@rawhide1 wrote:

@Piesarus I am not sure u got my last post but yes I have a eco button on my Sony AF8 and I sent u a Screenshot of the setting info

Ah! I see.  Your post confused me. I take it you have the 'eco' setting switched off as this would explain the drab picture you complain about if it's set to on.  

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@da1e7150 wrote:

I think the only cost to people who have none compatible boxes will be to upgrade to have UHD put in their package. If they are still on an old style package as doesn't signature packs now come with uhd as standard therefore if you have got a uhd package already the it will be a free upgrade box swap like with the old sky+ boxes from many moons ago

I would suggest anyone that has a non-capable box and doesn't have UHD already, probably isn't interested in HDR.

With regard charging, probably best not to speculate. It will only serve to stir an already simmering pot.

This message was authored by Piesarus This message was authored by: Piesarus

@Peterlesle wrote:

Nothing to do with T&Cs . anybody given a non HDR compatible box after SKY announced HDR was to be introduced has likely been misold unless the box were replaced at no cost to the customer. 

Go ahead an file an action then.  You wouldn't get your case through the doors of a court.

@Anonymous  I'm not speculating it's pretty obvious if you don't pay a uhd subscription at the minute and that's the only way to get HDR then you will have to pay everyone who has a UHD sub should be upgraded for free. Upgraded is probably the wrong word I change that to swapped

@Anonymous  I think after this thread even people with old fat box TVs will want the new box too just so they have it

@Peterlesle  yeah nothing to do with all the sports and movies. People want hdr of course that's people resubscribe 

This message was authored by rawhide1 This message was authored by: rawhide1

@Piesarus that's not me I have a Brilliant Picture u got mixed up with some else mate 

This message was authored by TheDeathOfRats This message was authored by: TheDeathOfRats

Can't recall who said it, but they made a valid point that I am happy to succeed.

As long as Sky don't advertise HDR as a benefit of ther Sky Q UHD offering then  it is not such an issue  - it can be considered experimental.

I also saw it said, not sure whether it was with any authority, that there will be no HDR material on Sky Sports until the V1 replacement programme is available.  If true, that is a comforte as it provides an incentive.

Cheers,

Nigel

@TheDeathOfRats  that makes sense and it's a good way of having a smaller install base as such to iron out any kinks

This message was authored by apolloa This message was authored by: apolloa

@Kei+M  Then that was a poor decision, because you are belittling your customers by launching a brand new Nature channel highlighting HDR on it. It's a failure of management and teams involved Frankly if you can't get your acts together and make an upgrade programme, Sky is quick enough to change it's packages around. Not impressed at all.

You launched Sky Q years ago full well knowing HDR would be in the platform at some point.

Na

@apolloa  you do realise the global pandemic has probably taken its toll on it thousands off work Sky included ,thousands dying but God forbid you can't upgrade your box to see some lemurs they is probably a manufacturing shortage

This message was authored by apolloa This message was authored by: apolloa

@da1e7150 How dare you! I full well know about the pandemic, yet my work a global corporation is continuing, are you stating Sky is incapable of continuing to work? All our contact centre staff are taking calls from home.BT, Virgin still make home visits, as do all other utilities companies. Sky also has  o line chat.

I know for a fact Sky has home workers taking calls and have done for years, so don't try that line with me... they have no excuse, and my money is going on a service I do t get, and others paying the same money for the same package do get the HDR feature. Sky damn well knew HDR was coming to Sky Q for years, so don't bring the pandemic into it as thats inky happened over the last 6 months! Or do you think Sky only decided to introduce HDR this year? So that rubbishes you're argument about manufacture shortages.

All your doing is making an excuse for a multi billion dollar corporations failure to have capable efficient teams or management  in place, but this is Sky, they will charge you extra for HDR one day, I mean they charge you extra for 1080P on Now TV and that's disgusting!

Na

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion