Discussion topic: Sky Engineer couldn’t find location to install Sky Q adaptor in communal distribution cupboard.

This message was authored by br6 This message was authored by: br6

Sky Engineer couldn’t find location to install Sky Q adaptor in communal distribution cupboard.

Sky engineer tried to install Sky Q box, however couldn't find the distribution point for my box in the communal cupboard to install an adapter. Management are unsure where it is as well. What do I do? I don't want glass or stream. 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky Engineer couldn’t find location to install Sky Q adaptor in communal distribution cupboard.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@br6 

Realistically it's not the job of Sky to untangle private infrastructure, so they can (and probably will) simply remove the offer to provide service.   I guess you could, with the permission of the building management, employ your own independent communal satellite distribution system installer to take the time to try and trace the connection.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
br6
Topic Author
This message was authored by br6 This message was authored by: br6

Re: Sky Engineer couldn’t find location to install Sky Q adaptor in communal distribution cupboard.

Thank you for the reply. However, I already have a Sky Hd box, and I'm upgrading to Sky q. So unsure why he wasn't able to find the necessary box.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@br6 

Getting Q to function on a communal system might well involve additional hardware being located in the distribution equipment enclosure and identifying the feed to your individual dwelling unit.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion