Discussion topic: Since Sunday I’ve not been able to receive itv1hd, itv3hd and itv4hd, I can get the normal itv chann

This message was authored by suzieh1978 This message was authored by: suzieh1978

Since Sunday I’ve not been able to receive itv1hd, itv3hd and itv4hd, I can get the normal itv chann

Hi,

Since Sunday I've not been able to receive itv1hd, itv2hd and itv4hd, every other channel is fine even the 'normal' itv channels. Just an issue with those 3 channels. I contacted sky the last time it happened and they ran through certain checks then said I needed an engineer, then then channels reappeared. I have an engineer booked but surely if I'm receiving all the other channels this isn't a dish alignment issue. Any ideas?

All Replies

suzieh1978
Topic Author
This message was authored by suzieh1978 This message was authored by: suzieh1978

Re: Since Sunday I’ve not been able to receive itv1hd, itv3hd and itv4hd, I can get the normal itv c

Update: missing channels are now itv1hd and itv3hd!

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Re: Since Sunday I’ve not been able to receive itv1hd, itv3hd and itv4hd, I can get the normal itv c

@suzieh1978 wrote:

Hi,

Since Sunday I've not been able to receive itv1hd, itv2hd and itv4hd, every other channel is fine even the 'normal' itv channels. Just an issue with those 3 channels. I contacted sky the last time it happened and they ran through certain checks then said I needed an engineer, then then channels reappeared. I have an engineer booked but surely if I'm receiving all the other channels this isn't a dish alignment issue. Any ideas?

It's most likely to be a dish alignment issue, very often only a few channels are affected if the alignment is only slightly out. It will be simple for the engineer to fix.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Not all channels are sent on the same frequency and the effect of a misaligned dish varies accordingly.

suzieh1978
Topic Author

Engineer cancelled because like the time before it's miraculously started working again after 5 days!! 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I would have kept the appointment. If the signal is borderline they could have improved it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion