Discussion topic: Signed up to Sky in Dec 2023, still no viewing card after a month and repeatedly lied to on phone.

This message was authored by Matt114 This message was authored by: Matt114

Signed up to Sky in Dec 2023, still no viewing card after a month and repeatedly lied to on phone.

So...

Moved over to Ireland from England in December 2023

Signed up for Sky broadband, talk and TV.

28th Dec:

Everything set up and ready to go, engineer set up broadband etc earlier in December for us. TV engineer installed dish on 28th Dec. Except no viewing card had been delivered.

Engineer phoned Sky for us and was allegedly told no viewing card had been sent.

We were then told it would arrive in 5-7 working days.

2nd Jan:

I phoned Sky on 2nd Jan to check it was all in hand.

Was told by call centre in India it would be another 5-7 working days.

11th Jan:

I phoned to ask where the viewing card was.

Was told it would be 5-7 working days.

I asked to speak to a 'manager' who gave me a 'case ID number'. 

Promised it would be here the following week on the 17th Jan and he would phone me back to make sure it was.

17th Jan:
Still no viewing card so phoned up again.
Was first told it would arrive in around 3-5 working days.
Was put on hold many times while the guy allegedly checked out different things, including going through the various serial numbers on our sky Q box.
He then said I had to re-sign up with Sky TV to activate the account.
Was then told actually the card would indeed arrive today (17th) and he'd phone me the following day to confirm it had arrived.
19th Jan:
You've guessed it, still no viewing card and no phone call (which I obviously knew wasn't going to happen). 

So, no viewing card means hardly any channels, no recording, no apps, no pause, no sky channels, no anything really.
Bear in mind each of the above phone calls took between 45 minutes and 1.5 hours!

Obviously it's incredibly frustrating and wasting my time. Something isn't been joined up at Sky, plus I'm just getting lied to each time I call. I've been offered no compensation, discounts, express delivery - nothing.

It's a shame because when I first called to sign up and to arrange the engineer visits etc I spoke to people in Dublin and they were excellent (except for not sending a viewing card of course!). I can now only speak to a call centre in India, so I wonder if Sky have moved their call systems etc and things are falling between the cracks.

I'm about to phone again and also try the complaints number. Oh joy.

Really, really disappointing. I may just have to cancel the whole Sky package and go elsewhere as what's the point?

Grrrhhhh.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987 Answer

Re: Signed up to Sky in Dec 2023, still no viewing card after a month and repeatedly lied to on p...

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating, there is already an active open chat for @Matt114 

So I am closing this invite. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

Re: Signed up to Sky in Dec 2023, still no viewing card after a month and repeatedly lied to on phon

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Matt114  I've escalated this to Sky & they should contact you via a chat bubble

I am just another Sky customer!
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987 Answer

Re: Signed up to Sky in Dec 2023, still no viewing card after a month and repeatedly lied to on p...

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating, there is already an active open chat for @Matt114 

So I am closing this invite. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Signed up to Sky in Dec 2023, still no viewing card after a month and repeatedly lied to on phon

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Invisiblename 

Other thread already with Messaging Team.This was the thread nabbed by the filters. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion