Discussion topic: Services I'm subscribed to not available

This message was authored by JillM1 This message was authored by: JillM1

Services I'm subscribed to not available

I have recently opened a second Sky TV subscription at a separate address, with a second account number. The package is called Sky signature and is supposed to include catch-up and on demand. It was working on all these services five weeks ago. Now every service says "To use this service, you need to upgrade your subscription", this includes the home screen, recordings, catch up etc.. The only thing which is working is live TV i.e. what is coming directly down the satellite. Broadband is all fine.

I have rebooted, I have updated the software, although it's hard to make sense of the instructions, apparently the software and hardware versions are supposed to 'match' but the numbers are not the same type of number. For what it's worth the software is Q250.000.11.00L (5qq6eks) and the hardware is 32B206. The Q box and Sky Hub have been turned off (at the mains) for 5 weeks because the house is unoccupied and insurance won't cover the fire risk of appliances left plugged in.

I am unable to have an online account for this second Sky account for some reason (they just said you can't because reasons), so 'My Sky' for me only deals with my primary account. I tried ringing customer services but just got a text to come here. I'm a little shocked at that to be honest, they sounded so helpful when I was setting it all up. The chatbot on My Sky doesn't understand my problem because it only seems to see my primary account.

I'd be very grateful for some help / ideas please.

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: Services I'm subscribed to not available

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @JillM1 

May I suggest you try re-freshing the card :

Main Menu -> Settings -> System Info  scroll across to the viewing card & click on 'setup'

Then click on the button (the whole message) which ends 'Use this option to trigger a callback' 

This isn't a call back as such but initiates a refresh of the viewing card - I have no idea how long this takes it could be many hours or even a day or so

BTW Q250 is the current software

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Hi @JillM1 

First check that you are not trying to Download or view HD or UHD content without the Q HD or UHD Subscription pack.
The Sky Q Sports pack and BT Sport if you subscribe through Sky are in HD as Standard.
Sky Cinema if you subscribe is also in HD.
Sky Signature includes BoxSets and Entertainment channels only in SD as standard.
Only free to air channels such as BBC, ITV etc are in HD. The Q HD pack is required for all other Sky Signature HD content, including Catch Up in HD, On Demand in HD and BoxSets in HD
If you do not have the Optional HD pack you need to change the Download to SD in All Formats (as HD is the default setting).
So that you do not need to do this every time it’s best to change your Download preference to SD in Home - Settings - Setup - Preferences.
This needs to be done on the main Q box.
Then if you want to download any HD content from free to air channels (BBCHD ,ITVHD etc) you can select HD in the All formats tab of the content . This will change the format for that particular download only but still leave your format to SD in preferences.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

hi @JillM1 

May I suggest you try re-freshing the card :

Main Menu -> Settings -> System Info  scroll across to the viewing card & click on 'setup'

Then click on the button (the whole message) which ends 'Use this option to trigger a callback' 

This isn't a call back as such but initiates a refresh of the viewing card - I have no idea how long this takes it could be many hours or even a day or so

BTW Q250 is the current software

JillM1
Topic Author

Hi thanks for replying. No, it makes no difference re the HD thing. My settings default to download in SD. I can't actually access anything, so if I go to "Catch up TV"  Tab I just get the message and can't progress further. Also the home screen. The only menu items working are live TV and the TV guide, and settings. So if I press on any of the other tabs such as apps, on demand, home screen, recordings etc. I just get the message and can't progress.

Thanks JM

JillM1
Topic Author

Thank you for the card refresh suggestion I will try that and let you know!

JM

JillM1
Topic Author

@nigea99 that is the solution, thank you!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion