Discussion topic: Series links new series

This message was authored by Mikewebb This message was authored by: Mikewebb

Series links new series

I'm almost certain that back in the day if you had something on series link, it would automatically record when a new series started to show. For example, Taskmaster starts again on Thursday and it was t showing as being series linked even though it always has been. I though Sky Q boxes were supposed to be clever 🤷🏼‍♂️

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Series links new series

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mikewebb wrote:

I'm almost certain that back in the day if you had something on series link, it would automatically record when a new series started to show. For example, Taskmaster starts again on Thursday and it was t showing as being series linked even though it always has been. I though Sky Q boxes were supposed to be clever 🤷🏼‍♂️

There is a feature smart link (or something like that) where the box retains info and triggers new series to record but it depends also on the links that the broadcasters set up

(So if you swap boxes this data is likely to be lost)

I think, but I may be wrong,  that  Taskmaster also smart linked for me in the past but it didn't for the new series starting this week. 

I have always found this feature rather hit & miss & I advise everyone not to rely on it

BTW as an aside the BBC smart links may record new series from a different region - I live in England but often the smart linked series are from BBC Scotland

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion