Series link not working

Researcher
Post 1 of 27

Series link not working

Series link has suddenly stopped working. We are having to record each programme individually every day. This is not helpful when we go on holiday. We tried re booting the box, but that didn’t make any difference. Can anyone suggest a solution?

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 27

Re: Series link not working

@christinerum wrote:

Series link has suddenly stopped working. We are having to record each programme individually every day. This is not helpful when we go on holiday. We tried re booting the box, but that didn’t make any difference. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Hi @christinerum

Welcome to Q forum.

Can you give an example of which channel and program is not linking so we can see if it is likely to be a broadcaster error or a Q problem.

if it is a Q problem a reboot will normally fix it.

Disconnect power lead for30 sec and reconnect to reboot.

Researcher
Post 3 of 27

It’s every single programme that we had previously - Loose Women, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Eastenders, The One Show, Casualty, The X Files, The Graham Norton Show etc etc.

Oracle
Post 4 of 27

@christinerum wrote:

It’s every single programme that we had previously - Loose Women, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Eastenders, The One Show, Casualty, The X Files, The Graham Norton Show etc etc.

Hi @christinerum

Strange to see any real reason for this.   Most main line channels certainly get the links correct.

Would suggest clearing all your links and trying another reboot and reset them.

Disconnect power lead for 30 secs and reconnect to reboot.

Researcher
Post 5 of 27

Thank you very much for this. Will try what you suggest.

Runner
Post 6 of 27

We are having this problem too.  Everything that recorded yesterday after 8pm has not automatically set to record   (Various channels) Was there a solution to this.  We have switched off the Q box but it hasn’t solved the problem. 

First Assistant Director
Post 7 of 27

@oldfella wrote:

@christinerum wrote:

Hi @christinerum

Strange to see any real reason for this.   Most main line channels certainly get the links correct.

I'm beginning to think i'm going insane @oldfella, am I seriously the only one to notice the massive uptick in people reporting this in the last month?

Have a look at the troubleshooting steps here @christinerum and @LT21:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Sky-Q-removing-my-scheduled-recordings/m-p/2816622#M143752

Can you use your Oracle connections to get some more info on this issue @oldfella, It's not right that it's been failing all over the place and Sky are carrying on like there is no problem. Smiley Sad

SkyQ 2TB 2160P 10Bit - Samsung UE40JU6400
Q Mini 1080p - Samsung LE40A656
All wireless connection, Box Sets Bundle with Sky Cinema and Sky Sports. BT Home Hub 6 with 52Mb fibre.
Oracle
Post 8 of 27

@manualoverride wrote:

@oldfella wrote:

@christinerum wrote:

Hi @christinerum

I'm beginning to think i'm going insane @oldfella, am I seriously the only one to notice the massive uptick in people reporting this in the last month?

Have a look at the troubleshooting steps here @christinerum and @LT21:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Sky-Q-removing-my-scheduled-recordings/m-p/2816622#M143752

Can you use your Oracle connections to get some more info on this issue @oldfella, It's not right that it's been failing all over the place and Sky are carrying on like there is no problem. Smiley Sad

It is strange how some people have issues and others don't. Series links works fine for me with Eastenders and Coronation Street which would suggest that the series link itself is working fine. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
Runner
Post 9 of 27

Turned Q box off at the mains again last night and it has sorted the problem. Scheduled programmes have returned and series link is working again.  Thanks for your help. 

First Assistant Director
Post 10 of 27

@Dazzasky wrote:
It is strange how some people have issues and others don't. Series links works fine for me with Eastenders and Coronation Street which would suggest that the series link itself is working fine. 

Yup - It's a really strange issue, especially when all the series links on the box from multiple broadcasters disappear. The numerous posts by people mentioning link failures for shows which are working perfectly for others, means we can discount the usual target of blame, the broadcaster.

Something is going wrong with the mechanism that is only affecting some people.

SkyQ 2TB 2160P 10Bit - Samsung UE40JU6400
Q Mini 1080p - Samsung LE40A656
All wireless connection, Box Sets Bundle with Sky Cinema and Sky Sports. BT Home Hub 6 with 52Mb fibre.
Researcher
Post 11 of 27

I'm happy to report that, after a few resets, we have finally managed to retain the series links. But it's very frustrating - actually not the first time it has happened to us either. Fingers crossed we will have no more problems. I'd like to thank everyone for their helpful comments.

Oracle
Post 12 of 27

Sky are looking into the issue so hopefully will be able to nail down the problem. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
Oracle
Post 13 of 27

Hi @manualoverride

I have mentioned subtitles issues to our contcts and as @Dazzasky says Sky are currently reviewing the situation.

Researcher
Post 14 of 27

We are still having oroblems. Re-booting doesn’t work. 

Camera Assistant
Post 15 of 27

@oldfella wrote:

@christinerum wrote:

Hi @christinerum

How do you clear all series links?

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 08:08 PM
12-03-2018 06:59 PM
3 weeks ago 11:07 PM
30-05-2018 02:13 PM
03-04-2018 11:07 PM