Series link not working

Managing Editor
Post 16 of 27

Re: Series link not working

@JonW42 wrote:

@oldfella wrote:

@christinerum wrote:

It’s every single programme that we had previously - Loose Women, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Eastenders, The One Show, Casualty, The X Files, The Graham Norton Show etc etc.

Hi @christinerum

Strange to see any real reason for this.   Most main line channels certainly get the links correct.

Would suggest clearing all your links and trying another reboot and reset them.

Disconnect power lead for 30 secs and reconnect to reboot.

How do you clear all series links?

@JonW42 You can do them manually  from Recordings menu or from A-Z or if you have a lot set up try this method but choose wisely 

https://skyepginfo.co.uk/HowToGuides/System-Reset.php

Oracle
Post 17 of 27

@JonW42 wrote:

@oldfella wrote:

@christinerum wrote:

It’s every single programme that we had previously - Loose Women, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Eastenders, The One Show, Casualty, The X Files, The Graham Norton Show etc etc.

Hi @christinerum

Strange to see any real reason for this.   Most main line channels certainly get the links correct.

Hi @JonW42

Best place to clear the series links is from Recordings - Scheduled.

Here you can Remove all the Series links and leave the one off recording.   Reboot the box and then go back into Scheduled and re add the links.

Camera Assistant
Post 18 of 27

@oldfella wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

@oldfella wrote:

@christinerum wrote:

Hi @christinerum

Hi @JonW42

Here you can Remove all the Series links and leave the one off recording.   Reboot the box and then go back into Scheduled and re add the links.

But unless every show you've series linked is scheduled, you cannot remove them all. And a system reset is not acceptable as that loses what content is stored on the hard drive, So I guess the answer is there is no way to clear all series links without losing recordings/downloads.

What I wouldlike is a series link section where I can go to see what series links are set. I'd also like to be able to set a series link using reruns that would work for new airings. I'd also like to be able to choose between new only, or new and reruns as well as from Catch Up. This would make series links so much more useful as I'd be able to manage them.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Oracle
Post 19 of 27

The Scheduled section shows all current series links @JonW42.

The only links not shown are where there is a new season or season break.

To remind me of these I always leave the last episode of these in my ‘Planner ‘.   They are easy to spot at they are all ones in the Recordings section without the white dot.

Highlighted
Camera Assistant
Post 20 of 27

I've taken a note of all the programs i've set a series link. Also, what I do is if a series is just a mini-series or is over or I don't want to watch, I'll remove the series link when I finish watching.

The thing is, if we had a way to manage series links, we would not need to jump through hoops.

Managing Editor
Post 21 of 27

@JonW42 wrote:

I've taken a note of all the programs i've set a series link. Also, what I do is if a series is just a mini-series or is over or I don't want to watch, I'll remove the series link when I finish watching.

The thing is, if we had a way to manage series links, we would not need to jump through hoops.

@JonW42 It's called smart series link it should be available on the Sky Q box but feel free to correct me plus l also make sure that my regular programmes are added to nevermiss so I'm reminded  when new seasons are up and coming.

Camera Assistant
Post 22 of 27

@best+of+the+best wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

@JonW42 It's called smart series link it should be available on the Sky Q box but feel free to correct me plus l also make sure that my regular programmes are added to nevermiss so I'm reminded  when new seasons are up and coming.

I would like to think Q has Smart Series links. But since I've not had Q long enough, I won't know until a linked series starts again. As for nevermiss, I set every series there so I won't miss out. Plus, I do keep checking on TVWise and Geektown as well as the home screen and new series on the Q box. So I think Im pretty well coered.

Oracle
Post 23 of 27

Smart series link is included on Q for New Seasons of any previously linked.  There is no indication on Q that smart link has been set which as I previously said is why I always leave the last episode of the previous series in my recordings.

Managing Editor
Post 24 of 27

@JonW42 wrote:

@oldfella wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

@oldfella wrote:

@christinerum wrote:

Hi @christinerum

Hi @JonW42

But unless every show you've series linked is scheduled, you cannot remove them all. And a system reset is not acceptable as that loses what content is stored on the hard drive, So I guess the answer is there is no way to clear all series links without losing recordings/downloads.

I've done a reset the first option from settings 001 enter. Top of the list is Reset box to factory default after reading each option thoroughly I chose the first option it does say ' Your recordings and network set-up will not be  affected ' you also need to pair your remote again

I had some recordings that I've not watched F1 British GP P1,P2,P3, Quali Race and Live F1 in glorious UHD. England's World Cup match and various other programmes.

After the  Q box had reset and finally  got to the home screen  No recordings deleted no downloads deleted  didn't have any recordings scheduled and series link is already linked to a previous recording so that's still in place.

Preferences are default settings 

Music - Bluetooth devices the list is empty even though  the device I no longer have has disappeared yay

Spotify logged out of my account I'm always  logged in but not now

Audio - Visual Sky Q box is now set @1080ip instead of 2160p which I normally leave it on

Favourites need to set that up again 

Quite happy with the results still have my recordings and downloads what a result.

Researcher
Post 25 of 27

Sorry to jump on someone else’s thread, but I noted the mention of Nevermiss - is Sky still doing these mails as I haven’t received one for ages?  Unless of course I’ve done something stupid and removed the link.  

Oracle
Post 26 of 27

@Jillyb15 wrote:

Sorry to jump on someone else’s thread, but I noted the mention of Nevermiss - is Sky still doing these mails as I haven’t received one for ages?  Unless of course I’ve done something stupid and removed the link.  

Hi @Jillyb15

Never Miss is alive and well.

Maybe you need to log into into your My Sky Account and Check what you have selected.

Researcher
Post 27 of 27

Ok ta will do

Recommended Threads
Oracle 01-05-2018 08:25 PM
a week ago 09:16 PM
Oracle 25-04-2018 12:19 AM
Oracle 09-02-2018 06:54 PM
Oracle 23-05-2018 05:01 PM