Discussion topic: Seems impossible to add Sky broadband to our Sky Q

This message was authored by puzzled51 This message was authored by: puzzled51

Seems impossible to add Sky broadband to our Sky Q

I  have Sky Q (main box only) and currently use Virgin Media broadband 200Mbps.  In our case they play together nicely and always have. 

We are considering changing broadband supplier and obviously are considering Sky (if the speed was right, as well as the cost of course ).   When I look into it on Sky website and enter my address I am told broadband is not available here.  I am puzzled as my next door neighbour has Sky broadband (and TV) although not sure which speed.  Could what the website is saying about non availability at my house  be incorrect?

I have been offered Vodafone 300 or 900Mbps at great prices but I am concerned reading that people find Vodafone and Sky Q are not happy together.   

Can anyone on here give any findings regarding Vodafone + Sky Q?  I don't want to jump out of the pan into the fire.  

Grateful for thoughts on any of my concerns.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam Answer

Re: Seems impossible to add Sky broadband to our Sky Q

@puzzled51 wrote:

@Highlinder 

I  have Sky Q (main box only) and currently use Virgin Media broadband 200Mbps.  In our case they play together nicely and always have.   I had more or less decided to swap to the deal with Vodafone Full Fibre until I heard that some Sky Q users have problems when using  Vodafone broadband / full fibrefibre.  Am naturally concerned about this possibility. 

Nothing is ever straightforward it seems.  

A quick search of the forums shows several posts from customers with Vodahone full fibre and it causing no problems with Sky Q. To quote one of them:

"I have Vodafone fibre and it works flawlessly with Sky Q and 2 mini boxes over WiFi. "

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@puzzled51  Can you fill the information in the link below and submit and posting a screenshot hiding the personal information in the topleft.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
puzzled51
Topic Author

Apologies but I am not techno minded so it will not be easy for me to do as you suggest.  

Meanwhile, if anyone is able to share their findings on here regarding using VodaFone full fibre with our Sky Q main box I will be grateful.  

Thank you for trying to help. 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@puzzled51  So who is your broadband provider just now?

puzzled51
Topic Author

@Highlinder 

I  have Sky Q (main box only) and currently use Virgin Media broadband 200Mbps.  In our case they play together nicely and always have.   I had more or less decided to swap to the deal with Vodafone Full Fibre until I heard that some Sky Q users have problems when using  Vodafone broadband / full fibrefibre.  Am naturally concerned about this possibility. 

@puzzled51  So looking at this now. This question might have been better asked in the Sky Q board than on the broadband boards.

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam Answer

@puzzled51 wrote:

@Highlinder 

A quick search of the forums shows several posts from customers with Vodahone full fibre and it causing no problems with Sky Q. To quote one of them:

"I have Vodafone fibre and it works flawlessly with Sky Q and 2 mini boxes over WiFi. "

puzzled51
Topic Author

Padam_Padam

Thank you.  

I wil bear it in mind but the offer appears to have ended anyway so will remain with Virgin Media for now.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion