Discussion topic: SKY q mini connection issue after changing broadband provider

This message was authored by davids111111 This message was authored by: davids111111

SKY q mini connection issue after changing broadband provider

Hi, I've been using Sky q and the Sky q mini perfectly okay until I've switched broadband supplier. 
so now the Sky q mini won't connect even though I have setup and successfully connected via the main Sky q to the new network ...plus net. I have repeatedly rebooted both main Sky q and Sky q mini box but the Sky q mini never attempts to reconnect it just shows the startup waits for the home key and then stays there with an orange light. Anyone know how to force the Sky q mini to reconnect to the new network? Btw I've tried WPS on the main Sky q but it didn't work

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: SKY q mini connection issue after changing broadband provider

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@davids111111 wrote:

Hi, I've been using Sky q and the Sky q mini perfectly okay until I've switched broadband supplier. 
so now the Sky q mini won't connect even though I have setup and successfully connected via the main Sky q to the new network ...plus net. I have repeatedly rebooted both main Sky q and Sky q mini box but the Sky q mini never attempts to reconnect it just shows the startup waits for the home key and then stays there with an orange light. Anyone know how to force the Sky q mini to reconnect to the new network? Btw I've tried WPS on the main Sky q but it didn't work

@davids111111 as you are with a third party ISP (I don't know who you were with previously ) then your mini boxes will only connect to the main Q box by wifi they will not connect to you new broadband providers router(unlike if you were with Sky for your broadband they would connect to router or main box) it may be that the mini box is just out of range you could try if possible moving it closer to the main box to see if you can get it to connect then moving it back to where it will be. 

If that doesnt work then you may need a booster which you will have to contact Sky for 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
davids111111
Topic Author
This message was authored by davids111111 This message was authored by: davids111111

Re: SKY q mini connection issue after changing broadband provider

Hi thanks for your answer

this is what worked for me:

Press orange light button in until it turns red on Sky q mini box

Eventually this will take you to step 1 to 4 menu

Then press the WPS button on Sky q mini which gets you to step 2

Then press WPS button on Sky q main box to get it connecting.

Finally press 1 and 3 together on Sky q mini remote to re pair it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion