Discussion topic: SKY ULTRA HD NOT WORKING?

This message was authored by SP1291 This message was authored by: SP1291

SKY ULTRA HD NOT WORKING?

Hey,

I've got a Sky Q box and just enabled Sky Ultra HD but it's not working on our box, I can see under Settings - Setup - Audio & Visual that the highest I can set it to is 1080p. I'm pretty sure we have a standard non-Ultra HD box.

I rung Sky and they removed and re-added the pacakage and told me I had an Ultra HD box, I then got passed to technical who confirmed I had an Ultra HD box and told me the back staff would have to sort this.

However I beleivve them all to be wrong as when I check the hardware version on my box it is 32C006 and via this link (https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-software-updates) it would make it a non-Ultra HD box. I offered this information to Sky but they insisted I had an ultra HD box, what do you think?

Thanks!

All Replies

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Re: SKY ULTRA HD NOT WORKING?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @SP1291   Did you take the free upgrade which comes with the non-UHD box 32Cxxx. There is normally an admin fee to upgrade to an UHD box which all start with 32Bxxx.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SP1291 wrote:

What do you think?

Sky are wrong. Your box is not UHD capable.

They may want to charge an admin fee to upgrade it.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
SP1291
Topic Author

I took out my subscription nearly a year ago without UHD and then a few days ago I saw it was a free add-on when signed it to Sky so I added it but my box won't change to 4k, so i'm assuming it isn't a 4k box (especially after checking the hardware version). I've rung Sky and they haven't worked out it isn't a 4k box yet, but I've had no mention of a box upgrade yet as they haven't worked out this is the problem.. yet.

SP1291
Topic Author

I tried ringing them about it this morning but even after my girlfriend adding me to the account yesterday they wouldn't speak to me... the amount of effort to upgrade is simply not worth it 😂

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@SP1291 wrote:

I tried ringing them about it this morning but even after my girlfriend adding me to the account yesterday they wouldn't speak to me... the amount of effort to upgrade is simply not worth it 😂

Sky's hardware stock control is woeful. Many of their advisers have no clue about the capabilities of the products they sell. Their IT systems are also pretty shonky and don't log various aspects of some customers' accounts correctly.

I would put all the information you have discovered down in an official complaints document (including the information about box types and UHD capability on their own website) and send it to them. At the very least you should IMHO be provided with a free updated UHD box.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint  

This message was authored by Neebann1951 This message was authored by: Neebann1951

A 32c006 is 100 percent a non uhd box.

If you feel like you require a uhd box, then you need to contact sky customer service. You will be required to pay the princely sum of £99 for the pleasure.

The good news is  .... No engineer visit.

You also have to return your old box, remote, all leads, including the hdmi, with the courier who delivers the new one. Don't forget to remove your viewing card. They, (sky) will charge you £10 for a replacement card!! 

The reasoning for having to return all equipment is. We only hire it. It's never ours. Even though it would seem we are indeed purchasing it....For £99!!

I know all this rubbish because I've just been through it lol 😆 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion