SKY Q recording

Runner
Post 1 of 4

SKY Q recording

Hi, had Sky Q a month and it seems if I start watching a programme it automatically records and series links without me pressing  button, just happened again this morning. Can this be turned off? Driving me mad I have to go and delete every day 

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 4

Re: SKY Q recording

@CuboidalPear wrote:

Hi, had Sky Q a month and it seems if I start watching a programme it automatically records and series links without me pressing  button, just happened again this morning. Can this be turned off? Driving me mad I have to go and delete every day 

Hi @CuboidalPear

Check in Recordings - Manage - Sheduled.

Cancel any unwanted series links and then reboot your main Q box.

Disconnect power lead for 30 sec and then reconnect to reboot

Producer
Post 3 of 4

@CuboidalPear wrote:

If this is from Catch up that you are watching something from there is a setting under the Setting , Preferences tab to Auto recorded series from catch up  if it is set to on, it will automatically record future episodes (when they aired ) of the programmes you have downloaded from catch up ,  

this could be turned on  may be worth checking this as well @CuboidalPear

My Set up
Sky Q 2tb V2
Samsung 55KU 6500
Sky Q Mini x 3 by wifi using Sky Fibre ER110
Samsung S10+ 1tb
LG SJ9 Soundbar
Dell Desktop PC i7 Processor, 24GB Ram, Windows 10 Home
Joined Sky Community 8th November 2010
Runner
Post 4 of 4

No it's a live programme or film, for example I turned to sky 1 at say 9:15 and a programme had already started. Watched it and then went to the recordings and it was there part recorded for the 30 mins I had been watching!

Recommended Threads
18 minutes ago 12:53 AM
Oracle 23 minutes ago 12:48 AM
Oracle 30 minutes ago 12:41 AM
33 minutes ago 12:38 AM
Oracle 38 minutes ago 12:33 AM