Discussion topic: SKY Q Mini only works when main box on

This message was authored by devilsadvocate This message was authored by: devilsadvocate

SKY Q Mini only works when main box on

Had a new Q 2TB fitted by SKY recently as the old one broke, but I'm now only able to use my two SKY mini boxes in other rooms when the main one is turned on, is this normal?  When we go to bed we have to leave the downstairs box and TV on to be able to watch upstairs, not very green!

MJP

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: SKY Q Mini only works when main box on

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@devilsadvocate wrote:

Had a new Q 2TB fitted by SKY recently as the old one broke, but I'm now only able to use my two SKY mini boxes in other rooms when the main one is turned on, is this normal?  When we go to bed we have to leave the downstairs box and TV on to be able to watch upstairs, not very green!

Sounds like the main Q box is in Eco standby @devilsadvocate 

If it isit goes into a deep eco sleep in the early hours .

See help link below

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/using-the-standby-settings

devilsadvocate
Topic Author
This message was authored by devilsadvocate This message was authored by: devilsadvocate

Nice one, thank you.  It was set to active so have changed to none and will see if that works 👍🏻

MJP
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@devilsadvocate wrote:

Nice one, thank you.  It was set to active so have changed to none and will see if that works 👍🏻

Hi @devilsadvocate 

Active should be OK.

It is only the Q box ECO setting where it goes into a deep sleep.

In active it will go into Standby after a period of inactivity but it will not go to sleep.

With the Q box in normal standby minis should be capable of being used.

Bear in mind that with standby setting None it is necessary to put the Q box into standby with the remote when not in use or else it will be permanently on.

devilsadvocate
Topic Author

Thank you, sounds like it wasn't the problem in that case as it was already in active.  I'll see if anything changes it being off anyway.

MJP

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion