Discussion topic: SKY Q Box not connecting to TV

This message was authored by JoeA125 This message was authored by: JoeA125

SKY Q Box not connecting to TV

I have switched on my Sky Q box and TV but the box does not connect to the TV. The HDMI cable is firmly plugged into both Box and TV. I have put new batteries into the Sky Q remote.. Now the remote will not the Box off. Any ideas? Thank you

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: SKY Q Box not connecting to TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JoeA125 wrote:

I have switched on my Sky Q box and TV but the box does not connect to the TV. The HDMI cable is firmly plugged into both Box and TV. I have put new batteries into the Sky Q remote.. Now the remote will not the Box off. Any ideas? Thank you

Hi @JoeA125 

First thing to try is a Qbox reboot.

To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led)

note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

@JoeA125 wrote:

Hi @JoeA125 

First thing to try is a Qbox reboot.

To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led)

note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.

JoeA125
Topic Author
This message was authored by JoeA125 This message was authored by: JoeA125

Thanks Oldfella worked a treat.  

This message was authored by wazzalfc This message was authored by: wazzalfc

This doesn't work. I purchased a 4k hdmi cable but for some silly reason, it only works with the sky hdmi supplied. The one with the pink connector on the end why is this?? Reset the sky box but still doesn't do anything. I am needing a longer cable which is why I purchased a new one. So frustrating

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@wazzalfc wrote:

This doesn't work. I purchased a 4k hdmi cable but for some silly reason, it only works with the sky hdmi supplied. The one with the pink connector on the end why is this?? Reset the sky box but still doesn't do anything. I am needing a longer cable which is why I purchased a new one. So frustrating

@wazzalfc have you got the spec of the new longer HDMI cable you bought and what is the length ?

It should be, at least, 'high-speed' , 18 Gbps, HDMI 2.0 and below 3m for 4k use

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion