Discussion topic: Returned equipment but still getting emails/texts

This message was authored by townli85 This message was authored by: townli85

Returned equipment but still getting emails/texts

IMG_1862.jpeg

I keep getting messages about returning my sky equipment & am waiting for my credit balance to be refunded

I have return the equipment back to sky on the 8th December 2023 via Royal Mail. I have the tracking details but still getting emails & texts to return it

Best Answers
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987 Answer

Re: Returned equipment but still getting emails/texts

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @townli85 an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@townli85 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team may contact you later.

Look out for a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains the process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @townli85 an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by BDew90 This message was authored by: BDew90

@Lisa-P1987 

I am still getting text messages and emails as well, I posted all equipment back to sky via the pre paid box they sent out, this was received by sky themselves. I posted this back just after I was delivered my new sky glass. 

thanks 

Brad 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@BDew90 
Have you kept your proof of posting?

Before Christmas returns were taking 2+ weeks to be processed by Unipart (who deal with the returns) and they aren’t the quickest in then updating Sky that equipment has been received. Let us know in this thread about the proof of posting and we can maybe get you some help from the Messaging Team.

If you have the proof it’s apparently a fairly straightforward process for the team. If you haven’t retained it, any cancellation of non return fees would be at Skys discretion.

Please don’t try to post an image of the Royal Mail tracking or postal receipt as Sky don’t allow them on the forum.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by BDew90 This message was authored by: BDew90

I have an email from sky  thanking me for returning the equipment on 18/12/23 and they are expecting it back to them 

@BDew90 

To see if they can help you I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team may contact you later.

Look out for a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains the process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @BDew90 to chat.

This message was authored by AET76 This message was authored by: AET76

Same has happened to me. Had the 'thanks for returning' email last month. Tracking shows both parcels delivered mid Feb and a month later I get email saying I will be charged for equipment if not returned by 4th April. 
Any advice- do I ignore?  Really tired of being in contact with sky for hours on end just for them to do their end of the bargain 😕

@AET76 
I’ll escalate your post to Sky in a few minutes and the Messaging Team should contact you later.

You need to watch out for a post from one of the team inviting you to a private chat and then you should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains what happens.

Sky customer since 2001

Thank you 

Now escalated @AET76 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @AET76 an invite to chat.

Issue resolved by sky employee. Many thanks for all assistance here 

This message was authored by Gulseven This message was authored by: Gulseven

I am having the same issue. Returned all equipment but still getting messages to return. I have the return receipt. How can I stop these messages coming to me?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion