Discussion topic: Recording to Sky Q box from Sky Go app

This message was authored by DebsS44 This message was authored by: DebsS44

Recording to Sky Q box from Sky Go app

For a long time, I have used the sky Go app to set programmes to record to my Sky Q box when I am out. Recently while on holiday, I set a couple of programmes to record to my box, but they haven't. I've checked on my account and the viewing card number linked to Sky Go is definitely correct. Any suggestions as to how I resolve this? I know I can find things on catch up a lot of the time, but this is a really useful feature which I would like to be able to use. Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Re: Recording to Sky Q box from Sky Go app

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DebsS44 wrote:

For a long time, I have used the sky Go app to set programmes to record to my Sky Q box when I am out. Recently while on holiday, I set a couple of programmes to record to my box, but they haven't. I've checked on my account and the viewing card number linked to Sky Go is definitely correct. Any suggestions as to how I resolve this? I know I can find things on catch up a lot of the time, but this is a really useful feature which I would like to be able to use. Thanks

Hi @DebsS44 If you were on holiday out of the country then I believe the SKYGO app will not be able to instruct your SKYQ box to record anything?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
DebsS44
Topic Author
This message was authored by DebsS44 This message was authored by: DebsS44

Re: Recording to Sky Q box from Sky Go app

It doesn't work from the UK either. Did a test at home. If I'm on my home WiFi network (which my sky box is connected to) it's fine. Turn my phone onto 5G and ask it to record something, doesn't work. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion