Discussion topic: Reboot every day. Should I get sky glass instead?

This message was authored by Harribo03 This message was authored by: Harribo03

Reboot every day. Should I get sky glass instead?

Sky Q box is around a year old. I have a comunal dish and I've had this same issue from day one. 

I record home and away on channel 5 at 1:45pm 90% of days the recording freezes and jumps and I miss so much so I have to use My5. I'm not home so I cannot check if other channels are the same but I highly doubt it's channel 5 that is the issue.

In the evening I get home around 8pm so after watching home and away of my 5 I try the other recordings and about 75% of days nothing has recorded due to 'no signal'. And no channel is available and I need to reboot. 

This has been an issue since day 1. I'm paying for a service I'm not getting. Am I better off just getting sky glass?

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Re: Reboot every day. Should I get sky glass instead?

@Harribo03 

Have you contacted Sky and asked for an engineer visit to check the dish alignment? Also check with whoever manages the communal system. Inform them that you are having signal issues. 
Sky Glass should be a last resort. It has its own issues & relies entirely on fast & stable broadband & doesn't work for everyone. 

Harribo03
Topic Author
This message was authored by Harribo03 This message was authored by: Harribo03

I contacted them at the beginning and they said they fixed something then a few weeks later the same issue happened again. I'm just using sky for boxsets at the minute because I have to stream everything on itv hub, my 5, etc.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Harribo03 

As advised by @SlenderRobert your issues should be reported to your landlord or the buildings management company. They will hopefully be aware if other residents have reported similar problems and also arrange an appropriately qualified Sky engineer. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion