Discussion topic: Re: Sky Go on windows will not play any UHD channels despite listing them.

This message was authored by Princ3y This message was authored by: Princ3y

Re: Sky Go on windows will not play any UHD channels despite listing them.

Honest to god, i recently changed my package, i had all moves, sports, UHD the lot, was costing me £186 pcm! downgraded, removed all movies channels as the movies wernt any good, still paying far to much, the fact that the mini box wont even play UHD content baffles me, upgrade the mini boxes and alllow us to watch what we pay for! im getting rid of sky 100% soon, its a waste of money with the price of EVERYTHING else ATM : /

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Princ3y  In case your not aware yopu are not talking to Sky but to other customers, the mini boxes will never be upgared to UHD as they don't have the chips to do UHD, not can the main boxes do UHD to the minis, Sky already have upated boxes that support UHD, it's called Sky Stream.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

And Go doesn't currently support UHD either.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Princ3y wrote:

the fact that the mini box wont even play UHD content baffles me, upgrade the mini boxes and alllow us to watch what we pay for!

No-one is paying for UHD on Mini boxes: they are a specification from 2015 when such content (and 4K television hardware) was much less common.  Now that Sky (under Comcast management) has an online-only system capable of delivering UHD to multiple screens at the same address, it's very unlikely that Q will be 'upgraded' at all.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion