Discussion topic: Q - Lost Wireless over night - won't reconnect

This message was authored by IChapman This message was authored by: IChapman

Q - Lost Wireless over night - won't reconnect

Hello,

My Sky Q Box has lost it's wireless connection to the Sky Hub overnight.   It was fine last night (Friday 19//01/24), but today (Saturday 20/01/24) the Sky Q reports it has no connection and I've been unable to restore the wireless connection:

Things I have tried:

- I've restarted both the Q Box and the Sky Hub

- Settings -> Setup -> Network -> Reset:

Connect to Sky Broadband: The connection via WPS times out.  Once the Sky Q unit finally gives up  it reports "Unsuccessful connection.  Please try again, or you may need to connect a Sky Q Booster".

Connect to Wi-Fi from another broadband provider (SSID + Password): I can find my SSID and enter the password, afeter a moment of "Connecting...", I'm returned to the password screen with the message "Unsuccessful connection. Plesae check your password and try again".

Other devices are connecting to the Sky Hub successfully to access the internet.   

The Sky Hub and Sky Q are fairly close to each other (the Sky Hub is only 30 cm above the Sky Q on a higher shelf).  I have managed to resolve the issue with a ethernet cable (which I suppose really is the better solution anyway), however would be good to see if I can get the wireless to be re-established.

Any thoughts please?

Thank you

Iain

All Replies

This message was authored by idol+the+bear This message was authored by: idol+the+bear

Re: Q - Lost Wireless over night - won't reconnect

If you have Sky Broadband press the reset button on the back of the router (near the bottom) and wait for all the lights on the router to come back on Green. Then go back to the main Sky Q Box and search again for networks and your network should now show to connect to.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion