Discussion topic: Problems voice sync Sky Sports main event UHD

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Problems voice sync Sly Sports main event UHD

Which channel?

This message was authored by Shall24 This message was authored by: Shall24

Hi, I've just upgraded to Sky UHD and I am having voice sync issues with sky sports main event UHD, the voice seems to be 1 second out. Sky sports F1 UHD is absolutely fine so just sky sports main event UHD with the issue.

is there any way to solve this ? It's rather annoying trying to watch, especially when I had to pay £99 for a new skyQ box 

This message was authored by DushmanH This message was authored by: DushmanH

It was a issue for multiple users per the thread but i haven't seen it for a few months now.

Will check and let you know if I see any issues 

This message was authored by PhilStephen This message was authored by: PhilStephen

Still an issue in June 2024. Had engineer over gave me new SKY Q box but same. Pre recorded or live is almost unwatchable due to sync issues with sound. Every other channel is fine. Brutal. 

This message was authored by Jm928 This message was authored by: Jm928

Yep, Main Event UHD seems miles off at the moment 

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing your recent experience on the Sky Sports Main Event UHD lip sync issues.

If you are still finding this issue is happening I'd like you to give me the following information.

• Date & Time of the last time you experienced the issue:
  • What was being broadcast when you experienced the issue:
  • TV Make & Model:
  • Are you using TV Speakers or a sound system:
  • If you are using a sound system, what is it's make & model:
  • Go to Settings > Setup > Audio Visual > What is your audio output setting set as:
  • If your audio output setting is set to some form of dolby, does this resolve if you change it to "Normal" does this resolve the lip sync issue:

Marking this as the best answer (for now) just to bring the post to top of the thread for new visitors.

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by PhilStephen This message was authored by: PhilStephen

None of these topics or checks are relevant because there is no lip sync issue with any other channel. It's only 401 UHD. 

This message was authored by Nicholas+Parker This message was authored by: Nicholas+Parker

Hi, 

Re the Lipsync issue on the Main Event UHD channel, I reported this issue a few months back along with others, this is definitely a Sky problem due to the fact it was corrected until just recently, my settings on the tv were never changed hence thinking the problem is with Sky. I'm glad someone is looking into this on going problem however. 

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @PhilStephen  & @Nicholas+Parker 

The thread itself has been quiet since the end of March. Over the last few days it's cropped back up in activity.  That being said, we want to cover all basis on the matter as what happened originally with this thread might not be tied to the same issue we are seeing right now. There are multiple reasons why a user might experience lip sync issues on UHD and what I've asked will help in narrowing that down.

Once I have enough examples of the information I've asked for we will be able to look at getting this properly looked into. 

I need those customer examples though so your help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by Jm928 This message was authored by: Jm928

Been on going - but 3rd June, several times through the day. Visible on cricket, golf, F1 and News simulcasts too. Using soundbar from Sonos - equally same results on all HDMI sound settings. All other media including recording and live UHD broadcasting is in sync.

Is a channel transmission specific issue - no other channel exhibits this and no setup changes make any difference.

This message was authored by Moonglum99 This message was authored by: Moonglum99

@Daniel-F 

• Date & Time of the last time you experienced the issue: Onging for around a week or so
  • What was being broadcast when you experienced the issue: All (pool, golf, cricket, skysports news, adverts, etc)
  • TV Make & Model: Samsung QN90C
  • Are you using TV Speakers or a sound system: Sound system
  • If you are using a sound system, what is it's make & model: Onkyo TX-SR508
  • Go to Settings > Setup > Audio Visual > What is your audio output setting set as: Normal

Only seems to be effecting Main Event UHD.

Samsung TV

Samsung Soundbar/woofer

ongoing for as long as UHD on 401

has existed.

Called sky, engineer came out, when through ALL the settings, changed all the settings (Dolby, Off, Dolby surround etc) and still same issue. Gave me new SkyQ box, set it up, but was not able to watching anything with people on screen to determine if voice sync issue was gone. Next morning we watched  SSN on 401 UHD and sound was off again. 

I repeat, this is not a "my hardware" issue as stated before every single other channel is absolutely fine. If you watch sky sports news on 401, then switch to 409, it's very obvious how far off the UHD main event sound is. Therefor it's a sky technical/hardware issue. 

This message was authored by Chadrtc This message was authored by: Chadrtc

I have this exact same issue on 401. Its happening right now on the cricket. This is the only channel i have the issue on, it has happened on and off for over a year now, to the point where i have given up watching any sport on this channel.

This message was authored by Chadrtc This message was authored by: Chadrtc

• Date & Time of the last time you experienced the issue: 4th June, 4pm
  • What was being broadcast when you experienced the issue: T20 Cricket
  • TV Make & Model: LG CX
  • Are you using TV Speakers or a sound system: Surround amp
  • If you are using a sound system, what is it's make & model: Marantz nr1711
  • Go to Settings > Setup > Audio Visual > What is your audio output setting set as: Dolby Digital Plus
  • If your audio output setting is set to some form of dolby, does this resolve if you change it to "Normal" does this resolve the lip sync issue: No
This message was authored by CambridgeTom This message was authored by: CambridgeTom

4 th June 2024

6.20pm

Sky sports main event UHD

Live icc mens T20 cricket but this looks like repeat footage (maybe rain stopped play)

10bit 

All audio settings tried, currently on Normal, changing does not fix.

Also tried changing TV audio settings to no avail

Sony XE900 

No soundbar 

Some small context:

it has been working almost perfectly for a couple of months then I noticed it was horrendous at the weekend like almost 1.5 seconds out of sync if I had to count it. It usually works for me and slowly gets more and more out of sync the longer the channel stays on...

Today: it is instantly out of sync when I switch to 401, I've never seen it do that.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion