Discussion topic: Problems voice sync Sky Sports main event UHD

This message was authored by Nicholas+Parker This message was authored by: Nicholas+Parker

Re: Problems voice sync Sly Sports main event UHD

Glad it's not only me then. 🏏👀

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

It's terrible on the cricket on 401. I noticed it also when Sky sports news is on the same channel. I may well call them later. Has anyone else contacted the  team? I would recommend calling the complaints / exec number, rather than the normal number

This message was authored by MattParfitt This message was authored by: MattParfitt

I have called the technical team and as per usual they didn't have any answers and said that no one else had reported it as an issue.  Personally think it down to the gate they have for audio and visual isn't big enough for the UHD format when they are trying to do it live.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Great.

I will call the executive complaints team and see how we get on. I will mention that lots of people are having issues

This message was authored by AlexSimmo This message was authored by: AlexSimmo

I've emailed and let them know, so will report back if I get any feedback.

Well done. You might want to email the exec team as well?

I spoke to someone, who I have to say was exceptionally helpful. The gentleman tested the same issue in the office, and he agreed that yes there is an issue on the channel 401. I also pointed him out to this chain or messages and he will be forwarding it to the appropriate team to get fixed. He also agreed after seeing the messages along with testing it, that there is an issue

This message was authored by mattstix This message was authored by: mattstix

Definitely a problem only on 401 and still an issue 16/09/23. F1 UHD fine, all apps on Sky Q fine, all UHD channels apart from Sky Sports Main Event  fine.

Have also reported to exec support, pls do post if anyone gets a fix

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Super+Anthony wrote:

It's terrible on the cricket on 401. I noticed it also when Sky sports news is on the same channel. I may well call them later. Has anyone else contacted the  team? I would recommend calling the complaints / exec number, rather than the normal number

No not really as I  tend to pause rewind for a couple of seconds then press play then no voice sync issues for me that is @Super+Anthony 

Yes it could do with a proper fix rather than a temporary workaround I watch F1 UHD so don't need to watch Sky Sports ME UHD unless there is another sport I want to watch on 401

Hopefully they will fix it as soon as possible. I would encourage others, who haven't yet, to contact the exec complaints number,, rather than technical. They are really helpful, and so much better

Sky are fully aware of this issue and hopefully it can be sorted at some stage soon

This message was authored by Anthony19801 This message was authored by: Anthony19801

Adding to the post as I've got the same issue

This message was authored by shoppinglady This message was authored by: shoppinglady

Same issue here on 401 UHD, first noticed 16 Sept, still there today 17 Sept. Workaround is to select e.g. channel 402 and press select for UHD, but 401 needs to be fixed.

This message was authored by ftballman This message was authored by: ftballman

If you're looking for numbers, I have the issue too.

Sky are aware of it. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion