Go to Answer
Runner
Post 76 of 737

Re: Possible problem with skyQ box or with UHD movies

Thanks - mines a v1 then Samsung UEJS9000 - can see the flickering on all uhd 

Runner
Post 77 of 737

I have been reading this thread with interest I have just come back from a 2 week holiday and noticed this before I left. I tried reboot and different Hdmi leads but was the same with all UHD material.  This is definatly since the last update as I would of noticed before. 

I have a V1 box running a Samsung 65 OLED B6 panel. 

Sound Designer
Post 78 of 737

@DaveG+...don't you mean LG B6 Oled?

Runner
Post 79 of 737

Sun's gone to my head yes you are correct lol

Sound Supervisor
Post 80 of 737

Same here

Sound Supervisor
Post 81 of 737

I have a C8 and I'm experiencing significant flicker with UHD downloads and the Eurosport 4k tennis French Open. I've requested a Sky Engineer. 

Oracle
Post 82 of 737

@keithwhitcomb Could you post which Sky Q box you have v1 with the power supply on board or v2 where there is a power brick?

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Sound Supervisor
Post 83 of 737

@Chrisee wrote:

@keithwhitcomb Could you post which Sky Q box you have v1 with the power supply on board or v2 where there is a power brick?

I have the v1.

Camera Operator
Post 84 of 737

Watched four episodes of Patrick Melrose (excellent programme) and a bit of tennis on Eurosport, since the update and have not noticed any flicker.

V1 box with LG LED .

Boom Operator
Post 85 of 737

Hi everyone 

I’M a professional Calibrator. I have seen this on 3 different sets including my own Loewe Oled. 

This is is the same artefact that we had when sky first launched 4K. Was happening with live football and has been without doubt triggered by the firmware update last week. Definitely the firmware as 4k content on my box before the update was fine where as now it shows this oscillating pulsing issue. Easy to see in mid lit scene and freezeing  the picture. 

This thread and reporting to sky via sky via phone will be enough for them to act. No point in engineers visits in my opinion, not sure yet if it is just confined to V1 boxes yet. 

Community Manager
Post 86 of 737

Hi folks,

We're not seeing this - we've tried IT on a LG C8 and LG E6 (both outlined in this thread) with both Sky Q box versions using the current Sky Q box software. Any chance someone can upload a video of this?

Thanks,

Kei
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Camera Assistant
Post 87 of 737

Can someone with proper access fix this thread? The post marked as the answer is not an answer at all. It doesn’t solve anything at all. All it does is give a false impression that this issue is solved and it’s not. Thanks.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Oracle
Post 88 of 737

@JonW42 wrote:

Can someone with proper access fix this thread? The post marked as the answer is not an answer at all. It doesn’t solve anything at all. All it does is give a false impression that this issue is solved and it’s not. Thanks.

Only the original poster and the CMs can set the answer flag and once set it sticks AFAIK unless @Kei+M has some more hidden powers.

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Camera Assistant
Post 89 of 737

@woppy1 Please unchech the post you checked as the answer as it is not the answer. Thanks. 

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Sound Designer
Post 90 of 737

It now looks like whoever has this problem with UHD content with their Sky Q box definately needs an engineer to come out.  If Sky can't see the issue then I can't see how we can get a fix with firmware.  If the problem was present on the above tests then it would stick out like a sore thumb.  There would be no need for anyone to post a video. 

We need to know if swapping the box and putting the latest firmware on it still exhibits the problem.  If people are saying that they don't have the issue using the same equipment and others are then I think it points to only a few boxes (in the grand scheme of things) with the issue.  I'm no technical expert but could it be the boxes that exhibit the issue were 'on their way out' and this latest firmware has caused them to fail with UHD content?  I noticed when I did my 'tests' over the weekend that after only 2-3 minutes of a new HDMI lead being plugged in to the Sky Q box it was very hot.  Is this normal?