Discussion topic: Poor picture on playbox with new skyq box

This message was authored by Grannie+Annie6 This message was authored by: Grannie+Annie6

Poor picture on playbox with new skyq box

Having got a brand new smart tv we're very pleased with it. So also after my sky+hd failed upgraded this to sky Q. Biggest concern at the moment is with the box picture on both watching live through it and playing back recordings. The picture standard is terrible,  very pale, whishy washy not bright or crisp  which is how the picture appears when viewing from the antenna option.. 

Does anyone have the same issue or answers.

Now wondering if it's worth it but stuck with a 18mths contract.....

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Poor picture on playbox with new skyq box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Grannie+Annie6  Have you tried adjusting the picture settings in your TV?  Th Q box has no such controls so you need to use the TV to adjust any picture settings.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@Grannie+Annie6  Have you tried adjusting the picture settings in your TV?  Th Q box has no such controls so you need to use the TV to adjust any picture settings.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Grannie+Annie6
Topic Author
This message was authored by Grannie+Annie6 This message was authored by: Grannie+Annie6

Thanks for your reply I'm not sure if this is the solution. The picture on the TV is great 🤔

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Most TVs have different picture settings for each input so you will need to adjust the settings when watching Sky. 

What make/model is the TV? Someone may be able to suggest some settings to try. 

Grannie+Annie6
Topic Author

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried changing the picture settings on the TV, with some success, but would appreciate anyone who can tell me which would be best.. LG 43UR91006LA 43" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV with Amazon Alexa

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Grannie+Annie6 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried changing the picture settings on the TV, with some success, but would appreciate anyone who can tell me which would be best.. LG 43UR91006LA 43" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV with Amazon Alexa

Hi @Grannie+Annie6 

Be aware that if you are watching SD content on a 4K TV then picture quality will be very poor.

Grannie+Annie6
Topic Author

I did wonder that and I've just changed the setting from sd, (which the engineer set up🤔) to HD

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Grannie+Annie6 wrote:

I did wonder that and I've just changed the setting from sd, (which the engineer set up🤔) to HD

??

What setting have you changed @Grannie+Annie6 ?

Grannie+Annie6
Topic Author

Ahhh pass😊 found setting somewhere in the menu which gave an HD/SD choice which was on SD so I changed it to HD and picture mode to vivid.... and eureka.... Picture is now great. Thanks to all responders. No need to get down to Specsavers 👍👍🤞🤞

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion