Discussion topic: Pixelation on recordings mini box

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by 94 This message was authored by: 94

Re: Pixelation on recordings mini box

Aware of what? The fact loads and loads of people are complaining about the same issue or that Sky know there was a problem with the last update that caused this problem to so many customers? 

This message was authored by Anthonyh1976 This message was authored by: Anthonyh1976

@GordonTGopher  based on my observations the issue gets worse over time therefore something is degrading on the mini box such as available memory or network bandwidth.

If your engineers try testing from a cold boot I doubt they will see any issues.  You will need to leave the system up and running  for hours or even a day or so before the issue becomes intolerable and even then its only on recordings from certain channels.

I would happily volunteer for a system roll back to confirm the issue was not present before the Amazon update!

This message was authored by JFDIT This message was authored by: JFDIT

@GordonTGopher the problem certainly becomes more apparent over time.  I now reboot Main and MiniBox daily to minimise the effects of the problem. 

I also agree that certain channels/ programmes are worse than others.  ITV HD soaps are amongst the worst affected, but not limited to.

I'm running 10 Bit UHD on the main box with Dolby Digital Plus sound and 1080p with Dolby Digital sound on the Mini box.  Out of frustration I've tested various  combinations of settings in both user and engineer menues with no effect on the problem.  The whole installation is Sky, with V3 Main Box, latest Mini box and the latest Hub with your paid for daily speed check service.  I have 80mbps internet download  speed at the Hub and around 45-70mbps WiFi connectivity in all rooms.  As confirmed by your Sky engineer who replaced Hub, Main and MiniBox just before Christmas.

I too am happy to be contacted by your test team to assist in recreating the issue under test conditions.  

This message was authored by RobJames This message was authored by: RobJames

I'm happy to assist too. Yesterday watching Dancing on Ice, the pixellation and freezes were awful. I have no wireless connections at all, entirely ethernet

I'd be happy to roll back to earlier software as a control experiment

This message was authored by Roy29 This message was authored by: Roy29

sky saying this isnt a wider issue and just mine basicly 😕 hhhmmm dont think so6DCDA075-02B6-4284-B1A1-A4942F4B7DD8.png

This message was authored by Anthonyh1976 This message was authored by: Anthonyh1976

@Roy29  Who did you speak to Roy?  If it was just the call centre staff then take what they say with a pinch of salt.  They haven't got a clue what is going on behind the scenes.

If you asked them why theres crowd noise in an empty football stadium they'd make you reset your entire system and send you a new router and Sky Q box!

There is absolutely no way this is an issue with personal installations - too many people are reporting the problem and there is a clear start date for when things kicked off.

It could indeed be a connectivity issue - however it is one that Sky have introduced with their software updates.

@Roy29  Ah the image didn't show orignally.

The Social Media team is as clueless as those who answer the phone!

This message was authored by Roy29 This message was authored by: Roy29

@Anthonyh1976  Ye mate tbf only the call centre i rang , told them problem just told me to do a software version update on main box n if that didnt work then he didnt know 😂  but looks like its happening to alot so its a problem skys end then, they need to sort it

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Roy29 sky are aware of this problem and are investigating it as per the post on page 11 from Sky

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by geoffers1956 This message was authored by: geoffers1956

Speak to the Sky engineer who visited my home recently as he is having exactly the same issue and cannot resolve it.

So what chance have we?

This message was authored by MarkyFletcher27 This message was authored by: MarkyFletcher27

It's not only recordings for me, in fact it seems to be live TV only. It's not connectivity issues as Netflix works 100% on the mini's with no breakdown in picture. It wouldn't appear to be a signal issue either as I have 70 strength and 90 quality consistently.

This message was authored by gibbo1967 This message was authored by: gibbo1967

Just spoke to a guy on the Sky technical team who told me that this problem is known about and is currently being looked into. He also said there should be a software update in the next few weeks which should fix this issue.

This message was authored by lukedaniel17 This message was authored by: lukedaniel17

@gibbo1967 

Let's hope so it's gone on for far too long now

@GordonTGopher  can you confirm what @gibbo1967 has been told - that your team have identified the issue and are working on a fix?  Did they manage to replicate the issue and if so what was the cause?

It would be great to be kept up to date so we don't have to keep speaking to the front line support guys about this. 

Many thanks

Anthony

This message was authored by 1963dg This message was authored by: 1963dg

I had a email other day saying they are investigating but they havent admitted liability or that they have identified problem. I have asked for free multiroom until problems fixed, awaiting Skys reply.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion