Picture juddering

Runner
Post 16 of 44

Re: Picture juddering

We have a Panasonic tv , we are having a pulse or judder whatever you want to call it about every second and a half. It is very noticeable when the screen show a slow sweeping of something . Doesn’t seem to do it on normal tv but films and Netflix are terrible. Any one have an answer ?

@Joeshep wrote:

have had problem checked out by Sky engineer 

Signal good and dish fine 

I changed picture resolution from 1080p to 1080 I

Was fine but when out tv on this morning resolution was only half screen. 

I reverted back to p resolution and juddering still there.  No juddering o  Netflix or utube

Any advice gratefully received

J

Sound Supervisor
Post 17 of 44

Not sure if you are seeing this on normal TV through Sky Q or if it is on the Netflix app through Sky Q.   However first you might make sure that any picture enhancements processed by your TV e.g motion smoothing or judder adjustments in your TVs display settings are switched to off.  Additionaly if you are usingthe Netflix app on Sky Q go to Judder Correction  in Settings/Set up/Audio Visual and set this to on.

Try it anyway and see if it makes any difference

Researcher
Post 18 of 44

Thanks. Yes I have all the motion settings off. I only get judder with content played through the Sky Q box. So any live tv, recordings, apps including Netflix and so on. Even the EPG gets juddery. Everything else is ok - Apple TV, the TV sets own onboard Netflix app etc are all OK. There’s definitely a problem with Sky Q boxes. This thread and others on other platforms seem to back it up. I think I’ll contact Sky and get my old +HD put back in. Happy new year

Runner
Post 19 of 44

Yes this worked , thanks very much. So obvious if you know it’s there. Again thank you. 

Researcher
Post 20 of 44

I have this issue on my Philips 50PUS6783. Sky engineer tried replacing my v1 Sky Q box with a v2. No joy. I too have tried different hdmi ports and cables and turned off all the motion and other post processing on the TV settings.  I have the latest firmware on the TV and sky Q box. The juddering happens on live TV, recordings and on 1080 and 4k settings. 

I am on to Philips with this too and have sent them video clip s of the issue. 

The only other thing which is wierd is that Sky Q won't setup on 10 bit 4k despite it being a 10 bit display. 

Any advice welcome. 

I'll post if I get anywhere with sky or Philips. 

Researcher
Post 21 of 44

Same here. Sky Q won’t recognise 10 bit. I’ve contacted Philips too. So annoying. 

Runner
Post 22 of 44

Hi all , yea I know we all have much the same problem. I’m not sure who messaged the other day but it worked if anyone wants to try it. I went into sky settings,down to setup, down to audio visual, then across and down to judder reduction for TV apps. Mine was of , turned it to on and , well it’s worked well on mine . I have a Panasonic 50”  2160p 10-bit .... sorted . 

Researcher
Post 23 of 44

Hi

Judder reduction makes no difference for me.  I thought that only impacted apps relating to an issue with frame rates.  My juddering on the Philips 50PUS6753 happens on normal TV feeds through Sky Q -BBC, Sky movies channels etc.

Researcher
Post 24 of 44

Have just got off the phone to Philips.  They have at least acknowledged that they can see the juddering on the video clip I have sent them and are investigating.  Sky are also investigating after an engineer visit yesterday.  No answers yet but at least the problem is being looked at.  I'll post any other progress.

Researcher
Post 25 of 44

I still think it’s the box. If you record something the judder reappears  in the same places during playback. If it was random tv judderiing it would jump about I think. Channels with scrolling news are worse

First Assistant Director
Post 26 of 44

The tv will process exactly the same bit of video in the same way.

If the tv is causing the judder - it is likely the judder will repeat exactly the same if you replay the same sequence.

@magiccat wrote:

I still think it’s the box. If you record something the judder reappears  in the same places during playback. If it was random tv judderiing it would jump about I think. Channels with scrolling news are worse

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 with UHD + two minis) using VirginMedia Vivid 350 (350/20mb).

Researcher
Post 27 of 44

I see. I don’t know too much about TVs and stuff. I just order up a 5 star review tv and hope for the best. Didn’t have any of this bother when the Sky + HD box was still connected. It was great. As is the Apple TV and the fire stick. It’s only the Q box

Researcher
Post 28 of 44

I spoke to Sky and Philips again today.  Both parties seem to be saying that this is a known problem which is being investigated.  Sky have said that Philips need to resolve this via a software/firmware update for the TV.  I relayed this to Philips and they are coming back to me next week to update on what is happening with this issue.  I will post again when Philips provide the update.  Hopefully they will not say thast this is a problem that Sky need to resolve!

Researcher
Post 29 of 44

Good work! Hopefully a resolution to come

Runner
Post 30 of 44

I am having exactly the same same problem on a new Phillips 55 in so would appreciate any feedback you get from either parties many thanks  

Recommended Threads