Picture juddering

Runner
Post 1 of 44

Picture juddering

have had problem checked out by Sky engineer 

Signal good and dish fine 

I changed picture resolution from 1080p to 1080 I

Was fine but when out tv on this morning resolution was only half screen. 

I reverted back to p resolution and juddering still there.  No juddering o  Netflix or utube

Any advice gratefully received

J

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 44

Re: Picture juddering

@Joeshep wrote:

I reverted back to p resolution and juddering still there.  No juddering o  Netflix or utube

J

Hi @Joeshep Its probably something to do with your motion settings on your tv. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
Oracle
Post 3 of 44

@Joeshep wrote:

J

Hi @Joeshep

Welcome to Q forum

Have you tried rebooting your problem Q box.

Disconnect power lead for 3 sec and then reconnect to reboot.

Runner
Post 4 of 44

I’m having a similar issue but it’s intermittent. Every so often my Sony tv will recognise the input as 1920x1080/41hz. Obviously the 41hz is causing the juddering.  If I switch to 1080i the resolution changes to 1920x540/41hz (so half the screen).  Pics attached. I’ve no idea what is causing this but I have to power down all of my equipment for 10 minutes to fix it.  5561BC37-B608-453C-ADD7-657D074A4BA3.jpeg

6837B36C-D39D-4D46-9315-0EED4FEE3751.jpeg

Oracle
Post 5 of 44

Hi @Chozen12 suspect your TV has a fault as dont think that Sky Q can output at anything other than 50Hz. Might be worth checking another HDMI port. 

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Runner
Post 6 of 44

Hi,

It's definitely the box.  I tried a different TV last night and the picture juddering was actually worse.   I think the 41hz is a red herring as I think thats just the way that particular TV interprets  the faulty signal its receiving from the Q box.  The second TV said 50hz as you'd expect even though the picture was clearly isn't working to that frame rate.

I'll call Sky and let you know how I get on.

Sound Designer
Post 7 of 44

I’ll be interested to see if you get anywhere with this, as in the last couple of weeks I have seen some picture judder (since the last update). Specifically watching the snooker on ITV4 last week (irregularly but noticeable ) and on Eurosport this week (not as much), as if a frame or so was being dropped. Not seen it on anything else. I had settled on my motion settings after a fair bit of testing, and not changed these so something else would appear to have set this off.

Normally the picture is pretty rock solid, apart from slow motion replays, which have always exhibited some judder and some adverts - usually when the action has been speeded up (car adverts). 

SkyQ Silver + 3 minis, Sky fibre
First Assistant Director
Post 8 of 44

Not suggesting this is the cause or even a possible solution but just to rule things out; are you using the Sky supplied HDMI cable or a different one? If different, what length?

Have you tried with another cable?

SkyQ 2TB 2160P 10Bit - Samsung UE40JU6400
Q Mini 1080p - Samsung LE40A656
All wireless connection, Box Sets Bundle with Sky Cinema and Sky Sports. BT Home Hub 6 with 52Mb fibre.
Sound Designer
Post 9 of 44

I am currently using the Sky supplied one, I did buy some 4K rated ones but tried a sky one to eliminate a previous issue. But this was changed over well before this latest issue. In fact the only thing that has changed that I can think of is the latest update. Not seen any other issues.

SkyQ Silver + 3 minis, Sky fibre
Runner
Post 10 of 44

I’ve tried different HDMI cables, different ports, different TVs, connecting via my AV receiver, connecting direct to the TV. None make a difference.  Only powering down the Sky box for a minimum of 10 mins fixes it (temporarily).

Researcher
Post 11 of 44

Did anyone get anywhere with this problem. I have the same issue with my 2tb box fitted 3 days ago. Connected to a Philips 50PUS6703. I’ve tried various cables - the supplied sky HDMI, Chord Company high speed, AudioQuest Pearl etc and have intermittent picture judder with all. Have played with all the TVs settings too but no change. I figure it’s the box because if I record a juddering scene or programme, when I play back it judders in all the same spots as the original. Also my TV will support 10 bit colour but the box won’t recognise it and only sets to 8 bit. Any advice would be appreciated. Merry Christmas. 

New Viewer
Post 12 of 44

@Joeshep wrote:

J

Hi

I had my system installed 2 days ago and have the same juddering issue, I was using a 5m hdmi as the tv is wall mounted but swapped to the sky one and the issue is still the same. If I downpower the box then reboot it sometimes rectify the issue but I am having to do this everyday!

This is not what I expected from the new sky Q system!

Has anyone got a permanent fix for this annoying problem???

Nick

Runner
Post 13 of 44

I’ve recently got a new Samsung TV (the old one was a Sony) and the issue presents itself in a different way.  Rather than a juddery picture I get a message that says “the picture resolution isn’t supported”.  If I have it on 1080p it happens regularly and I have to reboot the box.  On 1080i it’s normally fine unless I go into Netflix and come back out.  I get the picture resolution message again then.

My solution is simply to leave it on 1080i and don’t use Sky Q for Netflix.  Pretty poor for something that is considered “state of the art”.

New Viewer
Post 14 of 44

I'm having a similar issue with a Philips 65PUS6753, particularly with UHD football.

This is my 3rd Philips TV this year, my 55" had the same issue - Sky were great and i got the new Sky Q box, but still had a flickering.

Bought a new Philips OLED which was perfect with everything, but sadly faulty and so changed to the current TV and the flickering is bad with a terrible judder every 3mins ago (as per other posts it happens on both HD and UHD and in the same places even when recorded)

Have gone direct from Sky box to TV to eliminate the AV Amp, changed the HDMI cable and ports and disabled all the motion settings - its driving me nuts!

Researcher
Post 15 of 44

I think it’s the Sky box, not the TV. My Apple TV 4K plays back perfectly

Recommended Threads