Discussion topic: Picture break up primarily on Amazon prime app but also started on q mini box

This message was authored by Lola57 This message was authored by: Lola57

Picture break up primarily on Amazon prime app but also started on q mini box

Watching Amazon prime the last few nights the picture breaks up and occasionally the picture freezes, it has now started on bbc breakfast on the q mini box as well. I was wondering if the dish has been moved slightly by the pigeons landing on it?

All Replies

This message was authored by Ollie+C This message was authored by: Ollie+C

Re: Picture break up primarily on Amazon prime app but also started on q mini box

I'm having the same issue with Prime and Disney Plus, the picture keeps going pixelated.  

This message was authored by rebeccahiggins This message was authored by: rebeccahiggins

Re: Picture break up primarily on Amazon prime app but also started on q mini box

I am having problems with both Disney plus and Amazon prime pixelating 

Hello, 

It's really odd, I don't get it watching TV through my Sky box.  I haven't watched Netflix for a while, so I don't know about that.  I have been watching the UFC Fight Pass app and that seems ok.  Have you noticed it on anything else?  The picture breaks and and then an image will appear from the next scene in the pixelated area.  Is this what you are seeing on Prime and Disney Plus?  I've got a Sky engineer coming out tomorrow as my broadband has been a bit temperamental lately..  I'm hoping that helps.    

This message was authored by rebeccahiggins This message was authored by: rebeccahiggins

Netflix has been absolutely fine so has the box but Disney plus and Amazon are totally pixelated from time to time and jumps from scene 

Yeah, that sounds like exactly what I'm experiencing.  I thought it's got to be some broadband related as both Prime and Disney Plus are doing the same.  

This message was authored by Stantheman418 This message was authored by: Stantheman418

I'm experiencing similar issues with pixelation on numerous Sky Q apps including ITVX, Prime, Disney Plus and also YouTube app is freezing and then kicking me back to the Sky Home Screen. 

I had a new router installed yesterday as there were various problems with my router and line.  I had the issue happen again on Prime yesterday, even after the repair/replacement router.  The engineer said he's getting the problem on Prime too.  He didn't mention Disney Plus.  

Lola57
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lola57 This message was authored by: Lola57

Sounds like is is prime and Disney+ issue as we have good internet and Netflix is fine. 

It's strange that it's the exact same issue on Prime and Disney Plus.  I have a good internet speed too.  

Mine has seemed to resolve now 🙂

I'm watching Paramount + for the first time in a while and it's done it a couple of times whilst watching a film.  It's so annoying, I'm not sure if it's the Sky Q box or internet.  If other people are having the same issue, I would think it's got to be the internet.  

This message was authored by AndyB79 This message was authored by: AndyB79

Same problem here on the Amazon Prime app. Pixellates and freezes/grey pixels. Audio is fine. No buffering of video. All other apps seem fine as does TV.

Recently changed BB provider, have full fibre so speed not an issue. 

Very frustrating indeed. 

I called up Sky again, and the person I spoke to thinks it's something to do with the Sky apps.  I watched Prime earlier through the app on my TV and didn't have any issues.  

This message was authored by Kennyn This message was authored by: Kennyn

We are getting the same thing on Disney + when watching through Sky Q box. The pixelation is sometimes horrific. Dosent happen with any other app, Prime, Netflix, iPlayer etc all fine its just Disney +. If its really bad coming out of the app giving it a few seconds and going back in sometimes helps to lessen the effect but its always there in some way shape or form. 

Our BBand is fibre to the home with speeds of 280mb/s consistently, not the fastest but certainly not bad. We had wifi connectivity issues a while back but have a new router that has solved those issues.

Seems to me there is a problem with the Disney + app 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion