Discussion topic: Paramount + SKY Q app now has DD+ & 5.1 sound

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Paramount + SKY Q app now has DD+ & 5.1 sound

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I just thought I would make a post so it is visible to anyone interested that the SKY Q Paramount + app now seems to have been updated to output Dolby Digital + Sound with 5.1 Suuround for many films / programmes

I believe the Apple TV box & some Android TVs had this from launch & my Firestick Apps got 5.1 sound several months later (mid this year ?)

It is a shame that it has taken this long to get it on the SKY Q app but I am glad to say it has now caught up 🙂 

BTW I notice it is showing as Dolby Dgital + so check your settings if you are having problems  

All Replies

This message was authored by trevforum This message was authored by: trevforum

Re: Paramount + SKY Q app now has DD+ & 5.1 sound

@nigea99 well spotted.  Ironically the 2nd season of Strange New Worlds is still PCM2.0(except the first episode) and ST:TOS has DD+ 5.1!

——————————————————-
Sky Stream, Sky Glass, Panasonic DX902, Pioneer LX-901 7.1.4
nigea99
Topic Author

@trevforum wrote:

@nigea99 well spotted.  Ironically the 2nd season of Strange New Worlds is still PCM2.0(except the first episode) and ST:TOS has DD+ 5.1!

Yes I found it rather bizarre that SNW S2 is PCM 2.0 from ep. 2 onwards.  (all S1 & S2 #1 being 5.1)

As you say other content including the remastered ST:TOS is  5.1

When I queried it with P+ I got this reply 

'We understand your concern. We're here to help. Although we don't have 5.1 surround sound available for Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 2 at present, we’re already working on new features to add to the service, and we’ll pass your comments on to our Development Team to ensure we’re looking to bring you the functionality you’re looking for in the app.'

Which to me implied they didn't really understand the issue as it was content speceific  & not app related.

Edit : As personally I think SNW to be one of their flagship draws I am even more surprised

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

At least it's a step in the right direction

I am just another Sky customer!
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Nice!  But always (as I do) use your TV's native app wherever possible - it's is almost certainly going to give a better result particularly visually.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
nigea99
Topic Author

@PandJ2020 wrote:

Nice!  But always (as I do) use your TV's native app wherever possible - it's is almost certainly going to give a better result particularly visually.

I have to admit that I only found out about the SKY Q upgrade  when checking something out for another customer posting on here, as I use my Firesticks(4K & std)  app for P+ - my TVs don't have the P+app

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion