Discussion topic: Onscreen message about losing all Sky channels in August

This message was authored by Howard9 This message was authored by: Howard9

Onscreen message about losing all Sky channels in August

I upgraded to Sky Q in January this but since then have had a message popping up on the TV screen every 30 minutes or so saying we will lose all Sky channels in August. I phoned the number quoted and they changed my subscription to Sky Signature, but the message continues to appear.  I spoke to a Sky salesperson yesterday who told me the message means that my subcription will end in August NEXT year. How can I stop the message? Naturally, I don't want to spend the next 14 months hitting the back-out button on my remote every half an hour!

Best Answers
Howard9
Topic Author
This message was authored by Howard9 This message was authored by: Howard9 Answer

Re: Onscreen message about losing all Sky channels in August

I'd like to start by thanking all those who provided help and advice, except that no-one did, so I'll skip that part.

If anyone is interested in getting a solution to this problem, then it's best to start by taking a photo of your on-screen message and upload it to www.sky.com/myphoto. You will be supplied with a six-character reference code - make a note of this. Then phone Sky Customer Services and wait to speak to a human. Explain the problem and give them the photo reference code.

They might suggest that you update the software on your Sky box, which you do by going to the Home page, scrolling down to Settings, then Set-Up, or maybe System Details - this might vary from one box to another. Then go to the Software Version, pres the right arrow and select Software Update and follow the instructions.

I tried this twice and it didn't work, so I called back, this time with the photo reference (I hadn't been asked to take a photo before). Then they sent a message to my viewing card, I had to turn off, unplug and then restart the box. This worked and I can now watch television in peace.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

Howard9
Topic Author
This message was authored by Howard9 This message was authored by: Howard9 Answer

I'd like to start by thanking all those who provided help and advice, except that no-one did, so I'll skip that part.

If anyone is interested in getting a solution to this problem, then it's best to start by taking a photo of your on-screen message and upload it to www.sky.com/myphoto. You will be supplied with a six-character reference code - make a note of this. Then phone Sky Customer Services and wait to speak to a human. Explain the problem and give them the photo reference code.

They might suggest that you update the software on your Sky box, which you do by going to the Home page, scrolling down to Settings, then Set-Up, or maybe System Details - this might vary from one box to another. Then go to the Software Version, pres the right arrow and select Software Update and follow the instructions.

I tried this twice and it didn't work, so I called back, this time with the photo reference (I hadn't been asked to take a photo before). Then they sent a message to my viewing card, I had to turn off, unplug and then restart the box. This worked and I can now watch television in peace.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Howard9 wrote:

I'd like to start by thanking all those who provided help and advice, except that no-one did

It's a customer helps customer forum - sometimes we can't always 'help'.

But you've provided some assistance to others going forwards... 👍

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PandJ2020 wrote:

@Howard9 wrote:

I'd like to start by thanking all those who provided help and advice, except that no-one did

It's a customer helps customer forum - sometimes we can't always 'help'.

Or sometimes unanswered posts just  get missed - especially if they drop off the front page due to other activity 

But you've provided some assistance to others going forwards... 👍

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion