Discussion topic: Odd issue where Home Screen says I’m not connected to the internet but the settings menu says I am.

This message was authored by Mcoll28 This message was authored by: Mcoll28

Odd issue where Home Screen says I’m not connected to the internet but the settings menu says I am.

Evening all

I'm having an odd issue with my SkyQ box by where I'm unable to use any services that require the internet. There is a message on the Home Screen to say I'm not connected to the internet, but when I go to settings, the internet connection status says I'm connected. 

This issue can persist for days at a time then fix itself, after which it will be OK for a period of time and then it will fall over again and say I'm not connected when I am. 

I have followed all advice about resetting WiFi settings, rebooting router etc. Nothing makes any difference.

Feels like an issue on Sky's side - perhaps a fault with the Q Box? Or perhaps a compatibility issue with my router (Asus GS-AX3000). I don't have Sky broadband or any other devices like multiroom boxes etc, just the Q box. 

My router is about 4 metres away from the Q box in the same room. It's a WiFi 6 router but is connecting via 2.4 ghz mode. However, 802.11ax / WiFi 6 mode is enabled on the router. 

2.4ghz channel bandwidth is 20/40mhz mode and control channel is set to Auto. 

I've tried everything I can think of other than hard wiring with Ethernet and a factory reset in the Q box (got a lot of stuff recorded that I don't want to lose). 

Any help will be appreciated. It's a very frustrating issue!

Thanks all. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion