Discussion topic: No satellite signal

This message was authored by Robbo0410 This message was authored by: Robbo0410

No satellite signal

The signal on my sky Q box has just randomly went off and hasn't come back on, was quite windy through the night and it has been raining today but it's rained and been wet previously and that hasn't affected anything, how long do I give it until I raise a complaint and request an engineer come out to rectify the issue?

All Replies

This message was authored by Pri+Tha This message was authored by: Pri+Tha

Re: No satellite signal

I have the same problem..

Robbo0410
Topic Author

Eep Re: No satellite signal

Keep trying mine but no luck, tried restarting the box like it suggested and now it isn't bringing the TV guide up or nothing, this is just great it really is....

I called Sky and they are going to replace the box, they mentioned it's damaged due to the wind. Hope this helps 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Robbo0410 @Pri+Tha it likely that your dish may have moved in the wind and will need a Sky engineer out to re-align the dish so best to contact Sky to arrange this 

You can contact Sky by phone by dialling 150 if Sky is your phone provider or by following the link below
https://www.sky.com/help/home
scroll down to need more help click on this and you will find a phone number. If you are in ROI please change the flag at the bottom right to the ROI flag

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Pri+ThaIt is rarely the box unless it has stopped sending the voltage to supply the LNB in the dish with the power it needs.

If you replace the box you lose all recordings you have made, better to call Sky again and get them to come out and check the dish, high winds can move the dish slightly, it does not have to be a noticeable amount for it to no longer "see" the satelite.

Have a look at the dish when mine failed the LNB had fell off and I could see the LNB hanging off.

Good idea thank you so much! I'll give them a call now 

Robbo0410
Topic Author

Signal came back on after a while but TV guide would not load and the channels weren't the right number, I followed the troubleshooting guide, downloaded newest software update for the box and restarted it with update installed and the TV guide has now loaded up, but yes the weather might of caused an issue with the dish but it's back up and running now 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion