Discussion topic: No satellite signal can’t even access apps or recordings

This message was authored by CMC97 This message was authored by: CMC97

No satellite signal can’t even access apps or recordings

Hi.

I woke up this morning to a flashing red and green power light. I turned the sky Q box on to find everything said no signal.

I followed advice from a different post which said it worked after a full reboot with cables disconnected which has not fixed the issue.

Does anybody have any ideas? It is connected to my broadband so I find it very strange that at this moment I can't even stick something on Netflix or YouTube for the kids, as I get the no signal message.

I've tried calli by support but we're outside the opening hours, and the online guide does not help whatsoever as it isn't tailored to this specific problem, only if tv isn't working, not everything isn't working like I have as my issue.

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Re: No satellite signal can’t even access apps or recordings

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CMC97 wrote:

Hi.

I woke up this morning to a flashing red and green power light. I turned the sky Q box on to find everything said no signal.

I followed advice from a different post which said it worked after a full reboot with cables disconnected which has not fixed the issue.

Does anybody have any ideas? It is connected to my broadband so I find it very strange that at this moment I can't even stick something on Netflix or YouTube for the kids, as I get the no signal message.

I've tried calli by support but we're outside the opening hours, and the online guide does not help whatsoever as it isn't tailored to this specific problem, only if tv isn't working, not everything isn't working like I have as my issue.

Thanks

Hi @CMC97 Try placing your TV and SKYQ box on standby, then turn on your SKYQ box by pressing the SKY logo button on the top of your SKY remote?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
CMC97
Topic Author

Hi @Quoman7 

That hasn't done anything to help I'm afraid. Do you have any other suggestions?

I do have an engineer now booked for the 13th August (3 weeks away!!!) as the earliest date which is ridiculous. Nobody can predict failures but to be without a service which is rather expensive these days for that long is crazy.

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

@CMC97 wrote:

Hi @Quoman7 

That hasn't done anything to help I'm afraid. Do you have any other suggestions?

I do have an engineer now booked for the 13th August (3 weeks away!!!) as the earliest date which is ridiculous. Nobody can predict failures but to be without a service which is rather expensive these days for that long is crazy.

@CMC97 Usually a no signal message is from your TV not resieving a signal from the SKY Q input, with your SKYQ box on try changing the HDMI signal input on your TV via your TV remote to the HDMI port that the SKY Q box is connected to?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
CMC97
Topic Author

Sorry @Quoman7 

you've completely mis-understood this post. My tv is fine. the Sky Q box is showing no satellite signal on literally every option.

I've rebooted and re-seated all cables and nothing has changed. I can't even use the apps, or my recordings, as for some reason these now apparently need satellite signal which has never been a thing in the past. Yes my sky q box is connected to my broadband also.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@CMC97 wrote:

My tv is fine. the Sky Q box is showing no satellite signal on literally every option.

@CMC97 
Any message displaying “no satellite signal” relates to your Sky Q box, so also check the troubleshooting in this link
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-tv-no-satellite-signal-sky-q
It may then give you the opportunity to arrange an engineer to check the alignment of your dish. If it doesn’t you’ll need to contact Sky to book an engineer appointment.

If you are connected to a communal dish you need to liaise with you building management company / landlord who will have their approved engineers to contact.

Note: A misalignment is not necessarily something that will be visible to the naked eye and could only affect one or two channels.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion