Discussion topic: No EFL menu choice on Red button Sky Sports+

This message was authored by Julian65 This message was authored by: Julian65

No EFL menu choice on Red button Sky Sports+

I have a full sports package on Sky q. Channel 412 works ok, but there is no menu of efl choices. Just the same match thats on the normal football app. Will this suddenly appear at 3. 00 or do I have to do something else to access my choice of matches  ?  thanks 

Moderator note: Amended title to better reflect query

Best Answers
This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven Answer

Re: Sky sports +

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Julian65 

You can press the red button on channel 412 to load Sky Sports+ at any time it seems, the kick offs today are front and centre in the app.

Alternatively scroll to the Sport section where you will see the same tiles.

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven Answer

@Julian65 

You can press the red button on channel 412 to load Sky Sports+ at any time it seems, the kick offs today are front and centre in the app.

Alternatively scroll to the Sport section where you will see the same tiles.

Julian65
Topic Author

Fantastic. Thanks. I've also now  found  it's been added to the Apps menu 😀

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

@Julian65 wrote:

I have a full sports package on Sky q. Channel 412 works ok, but there is no menu of efl choices. Just the same match thats on the normal football app. Will this suddenly appear at 3. 00 or do I have to do something else to access my choice of matches  ?  thanks 

No worries, there are plenty of ways to get to the content and as usual the tiles on the Home Screen will change throughout the day.

Just note that you can only record what is broadcast on a "normal" linear channel like 412. The streams in the app cannot be recorded and are intended to be watched live.

This message was authored by MaffSheld This message was authored by: MaffSheld

Hi there. Am I missing something, or is Sky sports plus basically just the red button like we used to have before!? 

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

@MaffSheld wrote:

Hi there. Am I missing something, or is Sky sports plus basically just the red button like we used to have before!? 

In operation it is red button just like before, I think the USP is that you can access all live events via a stream whereas before it would be a few on a normal channel and a few streams on red button.

Across multiple sports they will deliver up to 100 events live, at the same time, which there just isn't the linear channels available to deliver, but this way they can.

The downside is watch live or miss out, which for the EFL rights meant go to the game or wait for highlights. Now you can watch every single game live on your TV or a mobile device.

Julian65
Topic Author

@MaffSheld 

yes. As long as youre subscribed to the sports package, channel 412 will have been added to the programme guide and from there you can use the red button to access match choice. Alternatively if you go to the Apps section on your TV ,  sky sports+ shouldve  been added and you can scroll down to your choice directly from that main page

Julian65
Topic Author

@MaffSheld 

Sorry, 412 is only for Sky Q, think its slightly different on other formats, but you get my drift hopefully? 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@stereohaven wrote:

@MaffSheld wrote:

In operation it is red button just like before, I think the USP is that you can access all live events via a stream whereas before it would be a few on a normal channel and a few streams on red button.

Across multiple sports they will deliver up to 100 events live, at the same time, which there just isn't the linear channels available to deliver, but this way they can.

The downside is watch live or miss out, which for the EFL rights meant go to the game or wait for highlights. Now you can watch every single game live on your TV or a mobile device.

@stereohaven I'll be cautious in saying this as the Saturday 3pm blackout rule still applies so any efl game played at 3pm Saturday won't be available (rule didn't apply for the opening weekend)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Johnb9 This message was authored by: Johnb9

Re: No EFL menu choice on Red button Sky Sports+

Hi. I am with EE but pay for Big Sport which includes Sky via Now TV. I am assured by EE that I can get the Red Button. So far I have had no success 412 which seems to be the channel people say to get Sky Sports+ is a different program and pressing the red button on other programs doesnt work. Any ideas

Thanks

john

@stereohaven 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Johnb9 wrote:

Hi. I am with EE but pay for Big Sport which includes Sky via Now TV. I am assured by EE that I can get the Red Button. So far I have had no success 412 which seems to be the channel people say to get Sky Sports+ is a different program and pressing the red button on other programs doesnt work. Any ideas

Thanks

john

@stereohaven 

@Johnb9  as an ee customer you need to be accessing the red button streams directly from the now tv app there is no red button 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

@Johnb9 

I did point this out in advance on both the EE and BT communities as a more difficult experience without some sort of red button to jump into the NOW app as @SKY1992bf points out, it's where the content lives for "Big Sport" customers.

They didn't bother, but it is their platform, their choice. Sadly, after using BT/EE TV for the best part of 10 years, actual UX doesn't seem to be a consideration in any of their choices. 

Thanks very much @stereohaven I have looked in the Now app Sky Main Event and Sky Football but no sign of Sky sports+ and nothing when I press the red button. What am I doing wrong?

@sterohaven. Yes have read some other of your posts and will see if I can find the streams. Thanks again

john

@Johnb9 

They are in the NOW app but don't appear until almost live. They are always in the relevant sport section.

From the NOW help pages:

"When a stream is available, you'll find it on the relevant sports page in the NOW app - for example, rugby live streams will be on the Rugby page."

There is no red button service on BT/EE TV. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion