Discussion topic: New Sky User, "We're unable to link your account right now.

This message was authored by Rat_Crazy This message was authored by: Rat_Crazy

New Sky User, "We're unable to link your account right now.

I've just changed from BT TV to Sky (TV, Phone, Broadband). I've set up the WiFi and landline, both working with no problems. Every time I try to set up the TV, all I get is. "We're unable to link your account right now. It's best if you try again now, but if you've done that and seen this message a few times, you can link your account later on the settings menu." I've reset, switched it on and off on the wall and nothing. On My Sky App it says something about an activation code but I've no paperwork or email containing one. It just says to plug in and play.

All Replies

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Re: New Sky User, "We're unable to link your account right now.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Rat_Crazy   The installer should have ensured that your Sky Q TV was working before he left.

Rat_Crazy
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rat_Crazy This message was authored by: Rat_Crazy

It wasn't installed, it was mailed to me to install myself. They've just helped me over the phone, it's working now. 👍

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Rat_Crazy wrote:

It wasn't installed, it was mailed to me to install myself. They've just helped me over the phone, it's working now. 👍

@Rat_Crazy is this a Sky Q box or a Sky Glass TV

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@Rat_Crazy wrote:

What? So you fitted the dish yourself???

I am just another Sky customer!
This message was authored by Lidders_ This message was authored by: Lidders_

Something is very broken at Sky.  New SIM cards cannot be activated.  Ive been trying with they support desk for 3 days.  They are also unable to activate my Sky puck to stream TV.  Both require account linking which is not possible due to whatever thier issue is. They claimed it had just started but it seem like its been a problem for a week now.

Finally got my SIM activated on day three.  Today is day 5 and Im at least 6 hours of calls under my belt.  
The Varify your Sky ID email has finally been manually triggered by their helpdesk.  I have completed varification using a non-Sky email.  However every time I sign in to Sky.com it refuses to take the password and I have to reset it every time.  It wont let me view the billing information section as I dont have permissions, so thats broken.  I cant sign in to the My Sky on my iPad as it errors Your account is not authorised to access the My Sky App.  I cant set up the Sky puck as the webpage I need to enter the 6 digit number in says Oops theres been an error.  Ive tried the short URL the puck gives, the long URL and FQDN.  Ive tried multiple browsers types, clearing cookies and Incognito modes.  All with same result, their website is broken.  So I still cant watch TV via the puck.  But I can at least watch Netflix, right?  Wrong.  Despite being active for 4 days with Sky, the Netflix app wont let me watch their content as no one is paying the bill since Virgin contract finished.  And Sky cannot raise tickets for any of these issues as they can only raise one at a time, so I have to wait for the SIM activation (PAC tranfer) ticket to finish on Tuesday and then pick them off one at a time.  You need a ticketing system that allows multiple tickets when your service is this much of a shambles!      

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@Lidders_ wrote:

Finally got my SIM activated on day three.  Today is day 5 and Im at least 6 hours of calls under my belt.  
The Varify your Sky ID email has finally been manually triggered by their helpdesk.  I have completed varification using a non-Sky email.  However every time I sign in to Sky.com it refuses to take the password and I have to reset it every time.  It wont let me view the billing information section as I dont have permissions, so thats broken.  I cant sign in to the My Sky on my iPad as it errors Your account is not authorised to access the My Sky App.  I cant set up the Sky puck as the webpage I need to enter the 6 digit number in says Oops theres been an error.  Ive tried the short URL the puck gives, the long URL and FQDN.  Ive tried multiple browsers types, clearing cookies and Incognito modes.  All with same result, their website is broken.  So I still cant watch TV via the puck.  But I can at least watch Netflix, right?  Wrong.  Despite being active for 4 days with Sky, the Netflix app wont let me watch their content as no one is paying the bill since Virgin contract finished.  And Sky cannot raise tickets for any of these issues as they can only raise one at a time, so I have to wait for the SIM activation (PAC tranfer) ticket to finish on Tuesday and then pick them off one at a time.  You need a ticketing system that allows multiple tickets when your service is this much of a shambles!      

1. Not sure what this has got to do with Sky Q tv services, and

2. You're nor talking to Sky, this is a 'user helps user' forum

I am just another Sky customer!

1) The post Ive replied to is about linking your account.  Which is one of my problems.  Along with the subsequent Sky Q activation (Sky stream). All my issues have linking my account at the root of the problem.
2) Im aware this is a help forum.  I came here for help.  And I hope shareing some of the trouble-shooting Ive done with Sky  helps others.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion