Discussion topic: New Fibre ISP but Sky wireless extender and connection to Mini Box not working.

This message was authored by Pete222 This message was authored by: Pete222

New Fibre ISP but Sky wireless extender and connection to Mini Box not working.

I have a Sky Q Main box, a Sky Q Wireless Extender and a Sky Q Mini Box. I am trying to change the Wireless network as I've moved to a new Fibre ISP.

I successfully did the Reset on the Main Q box and connected it to the new Wireless network.  I did the WPS button on the Q Extender and on the Main Q box,. Then did it with the Mini Q However, after restarting all 3 boxes, the Mini Q says it can’t find the Main Q box.

Does anyone know the correct process please?

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: New Fibre ISP but Sky wireless extender and connection to Mini Box not working.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Pete222 wrote:

I have a Sky Q Main box, a Sky Q Wireless Extender and a Sky Q Mini Box. I am trying to change the Wireless network as I've moved to a new Fibre ISP.

I successfully did the Reset on the Main Q box and connected it to the new Wireless network.  I did the WPS button on the Q Extender and on the Main Q box,. Then did it with the Mini Q However, after restarting all 3 boxes, the Mini Q says it can’t find the Main Q box.

Does anyone know the correct process please?

@Pete222  you are doing the first parts correctly with the main box and the extender

when you are connecting the mini box do you get the screen about pressing the wps button on the nearest piece of Q equipment as when you get that screen you will need to go to the Q extender and press the wps button on that 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion