Netflix via Sky Q Box causes failed recordings.

Runner
Post 16 of 27

Re: Netflix via Sky Q Box causes failed recordings.

Same happening here and it's so annoying. Does anyone know whether a fix can be / has been implemented?

@Leo4321 wrote:

Over the last 3 weeks most of my recordings failed with a message reading “Recording failed due to technical fault”

No idea why or much help out there to say why. I just thought it might have been my connection.

Last night I watched Sabrina via the Q box. Around 10 minutes past 9pm I noticed there was no red recording light (I had I’m a Celeb scheduled to record). I stopped Sabrina and exited Netflix. Went onto my planned and saw I’m a Celeb failed due to technical fault.

So, I tested this. Set news at 10 on BBC to record. 5 mins before 10pm I started watching Netflix and the same thing happened. BBC news failed to record. Another test, this time I did not watch Netflix and guess what. Q box recorded with no issues.

Sky claim they are unaware of this issue!  

First Assistant Director
Post 17 of 27

Some other recording issues have been attributed to something with the viewing card. It's been said that swapping the viewing card or getting Sky to update the viewing card may fix the problem.

But if you have been experiencing a recording problem when watching something on Netflix through the main box, try the Netflix app on the TV if you know you would be watching Netflix while a recording was happening.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Researcher
Post 18 of 27

This is now happening with me, only just started to watch Netflix through sky and last night fell asleep during a program, just turned off TV and went to bed and left it. Gone to watch tv tonight and no shows have recorded while it was still on the Netflix homepage. As soon as I exited the Netflix app on the Q box it started recording again 

Runner
Post 19 of 27

Hi

Netflix buffers and stops on SkyQ box, when you start to record a programme.  It is not my internet, as when I switched to my PS3 Netflix app all worked fine. Looks like a Sky Q box problem.  I also have 400Mbit/s internet. Need Sky to fix.

Andy 

First Assistant Director
Post 20 of 27

I just tested Recording and Netflix. I set a program to record and then started watching something via Netflix. The program started recording as it should and when I exited Netflix, I was able to watch the recordedprogram with no probem.

Oracle
Post 21 of 27

It's a strange one because it doesn't happen to everyone, i have no issues recording whilst watch Netflix. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
Executive Producer
Post 22 of 27

I think it happens when the Netflix app is not exited before the Q box is turned off 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Runner
Post 23 of 27

Hi

it happened when it started to record a program, whilst Netflix was running.  I will start using Netflix when the box is recording. This may be what application is started first problem.  I will check if I was recording two programmes at once. Maybe a Q box performance problem.

Andy

Runner
Post 24 of 27

This has been happening to me too for the last couple of weeks. More recordings fail than actually record now. So frustrating. I don’t use Netflix so I can’t blame that!

Left virgin to join sky but am thinking of going back now as at least I could rely on my programmes recording. 

First Assistant Director
Post 25 of 27

@Angela2208 wrote:

This has been happening to me too for the last couple of weeks. More recordings fail than actually record now. So frustrating. I don’t use Netflix so I can’t blame that!

Left virgin to join sky but am thinking of going back now as at least I could rely on my programmes recording. 

Others with the same or similar problem have said that they have gotten it fixed by having the viewing card swapped or having Sky send a refesh to the viewing card.Call Sky and request they refesh the viewing card fromt heir end and see what happens.

Runner
Post 26 of 27

I’ll give it a go. Thank you 🙂

First Assistant Director
Post 27 of 27

@Angela2208 wrote:

I’ll give it a go. Thank you 🙂

Your welcome and good luck.

Recommended Threads
01-11-2018 01:34 PM
02-11-2018 10:21 AM
07-12-2018 07:50 PM
01-11-2018 03:32 PM
06-11-2018 08:00 PM