Netflix via Sky Q Box causes failed recordings.

New Viewer
Post 1 of 27

Netflix via Sky Q Box causes failed recordings.

Over the last 3 weeks most of my recordings failed with a message reading “Recording failed due to technical fault”

No idea why or much help out there to say why. I just thought it might have been my connection.

Last night I watched Sabrina via the Q box. Around 10 minutes past 9pm I noticed there was no red recording light (I had I’m a Celeb scheduled to record). I stopped Sabrina and exited Netflix. Went onto my planned and saw I’m a Celeb failed due to technical fault.

So, I tested this. Set news at 10 on BBC to record. 5 mins before 10pm I started watching Netflix and the same thing happened. BBC news failed to record. Another test, this time I did not watch Netflix and guess what. Q box recorded with no issues.

Sky claim they are unaware of this issue!  

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 27

Re: Netflix via Sky Q Box causes failed recordings.

@Leo4321 wrote:

Over the last 3 weeks most of my recordings failed with a message reading “Recording failed due to technical fault”

No idea why or much help out there to say why. I just thought it might have been my connection.

Last night I watched Sabrina via the Q box. Around 10 minutes past 9pm I noticed there was no red recording light (I had I’m a Celeb scheduled to record). I stopped Sabrina and exited Netflix. Went onto my planned and saw I’m a Celeb failed due to technical fault.

So, I tested this. Set news at 10 on BBC to record. 5 mins before 10pm I started watching Netflix and the same thing happened. BBC news failed to record. Another test, this time I did not watch Netflix and guess what. Q box recorded with no issues.

Certainly no issue with Recordings and Netflix here @Leo4321 and so it is not a general issue.

Just tested it again here and starts a scheduled recording while watching Netflix.

Oracle
Oracle
Post 3 of 27

@Leo4321 Certainly not a problem I have seen reported or experienced. Power reboot your box and see if that helps at all.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package

imagebam.com
Oracle
Post 4 of 27

@Leo4321 wrote:

Hi @Leo4321 I definitely have not seen your issue reported before, I would try a box reboot by switching it off at the wall for 30 seconds to see If it resolves the issue

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
Executive Producer
Post 5 of 27

I have not had that and Netflix does not effect recordings however a couple of times on leaving Netflix the main box reset. Not every time but enough that I don't think it is a coincidence.

Viewer
Post 6 of 27

@Leo4321 wrote:

Yep mine is exactly the same 

New Viewer
Post 7 of 27

just happened to us this weekend, Friday failed to record Corrie whilst watching Christmas chronicles. And it’s done the same again tonight, while watching nextflix 

Viewer
Post 8 of 27

I’m also getting the same issue but it’s not just when I watch Netflix. Most of my recordings are now failing. But it does seem to be since Netflix came online. 

First Assistant Director
Post 9 of 27

Once I am back home from vacation, I'll test my V1 2TB box with Netflix and recordings, I've not yet run Netflix from Q while recording.

Oh and for those with this problem, does the recording fail if the recording is already recording and then Netflix is run?

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Oracle
Post 10 of 27

@DawnFAbz there does seem to be an issue with people seeing far more failed recordings on some boxes since the v8 firmware was released that included the Netflix release. Hopefully Sky will sort this as it is a pain.

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
New Viewer
Post 11 of 27

We’ve seen the same since a film download fail last weekend.  Maybe half of recordings fail.

j

New Viewer
Post 12 of 27

This so has been happening to me a didn't know why until reading this. We have literally just been watching Netflix and it wasn't recording I'm a celebrity.

Think this needs a fix, we shoukdsho have to reboot our box all the time. We should have the confidence it will do the job we are paying sky for it to do

Oracle
Post 13 of 27

@MarvB wrote:

This so has been happening to me a didn't know why until reading this. We have literally just been watching Netflix and it wasn't recording I'm a celebrity.

Think this needs a fix, we shoukdsho have to reboot our box all the time. We should have the confidence it will do the job we are paying sky for it to do

Hi @MarvB We are seeing a few of these reports now but it’s difficult to know what the problem is when not everyone has the problem. I know that I can watch Netflix and it has no effect on my recordings. You can rest assure though that sky read ever post on the forum and will be taking note and passing the information back to the relevant team. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
Runner
Post 14 of 27

My Sky Q is bringing more and more failed recordings over the last fortnight.  I've checked everything carefully and cannot see what the problem is.  Getting very agitated having to search Catch Up TV for my fave progs ... Can anybody advise?  Been through the settings for a reset but cannot find one, so don't know if that's a possible solution.  Help !

New Viewer
Post 15 of 27

My partner noticed this yesterday that most all of her soaps hadn't recorded while watching netflix with my son, hopefully this gets fixed soon

@Leo4321 wrote:

Recommended Threads
01-11-2018 01:34 PM
02-11-2018 10:21 AM
07-12-2018 07:50 PM
01-11-2018 03:32 PM
01-11-2018 09:00 AM