Discussion topic: Netflix has not been loading properly for several months

This message was authored by Vimes123 This message was authored by: Vimes123

Netflix has not been loading properly for several months

Why, despite frequently resetting my sky box and updating my apps am I unable to access Netflix consistently through the sky box?

I have no problem accessing it on any other machine, but for well over six months now it is a lottery whether the Netflix app will load at all via the sky box. It just buffers endlessly and never loads, or sometimes it will take ten + minutes to load. Oftentimes we just give up. 

This is not an issue with the internet. It is not an issue with Netflix. It is an issue solely happening through the sky box and never resolves when taking any of the advice this forum suggests.

sort it out sky this is ridiculous!

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Re: Netflix has not been loading properly for several months

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Vimes123 wrote:

Why, despite frequently resetting my sky box and updating my apps am I unable to access Netflix consistently through the sky box?

I have no problem accessing it on any other machine, but for well over six months now it is a lottery whether the Netflix app will load at all via the sky box. It just buffers endlessly and never loads, or sometimes it will take ten + minutes to load. Oftentimes we just give up. 

This is not an issue with the internet. It is not an issue with Netflix. It is an issue solely happening through the sky box and never resolves when taking any of the advice this forum suggests.

sort it out sky this is ridiculous!

Hi @Vimes123 Try rebooting your router by removing the power cable for 30 sec then reconnect to reboot, then reboot your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on to reboot?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
Vimes123
Topic Author

Hi, yes I've already tried that several times. It doesn't make any difference.

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Vimes123 wrote:

Hi, yes I've already tried that several times. It doesn't make any difference.

@Vimes123 Try:-

Refresh Apps:

1. Press Home on your Sky Q remote, then highlight Settings.
  2. Press 0,0,1 and Select to access the Installer menu.
  3. Select Apps then highlight Refresh all Apps on this box. You'll see a message that says, 'Your apps are being refreshed'. This will stay on screen until you press Dismiss to return to normal viewing - we recommend waiting at least 5 minutes before doing so.

And if any of the steps don't help you can also Reset Settings:

1. Press Home on your Sky Q remote, then highlight Settings.
  2. Press 0,0,1 and Select to access the Installer menu.
  3. Select Reset then highlight Reset Settings. You may need to re-pair your Sky remote and sign in to all your 3rd Party Apps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
Vimes123
Topic Author

Monthly update; this is still broken and Netflix only loads about 50% of the time. Good job Sky.

This message was authored by Grumpygrandad This message was authored by: Grumpygrandad

I have been on the phone with Sky technical for 45 minutes with the same Netflix not loading problem.

The lad was great and he had me check and change lots of things in my sky settings.

The answer he came up with to sort the issue once and for all was.

Dont use sky Q to watch Netflix, use the app on the smart TV.

So why do I pay for sky Q where I can watch all my other apps?

well done Sky,  22 years I've been a customer and your answer to a problem is don't use SkyQ.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion