Discussion topic: Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

This message was authored by Kirsty2704 This message was authored by: Kirsty2704

When i put netflix on my tv it isnt loading. Im just getting a red circle

When I put Netflix on  through Sky it's not loading. I am jist getting a red circle. Its working fine on my sons TV upstairs and both our mobile phones 

HELP 

This message was authored by Pg666 This message was authored by: Pg666

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

That's great - glad it worked. I find I have to do this every few months so at least next time you'll know to give it a try. Enjoy 😊 

This message was authored by MARIA20241 This message was authored by: MARIA20241

I've taken a screen shot of your fix!  Thanks again!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: When i put netflix on my tv it isnt loading. Im just getting a red circle

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kirsty2704 

I've moved your post into a long thread discussing this very subject. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Debscree This message was authored by: Debscree

Netflix not loading

Hi I can't get betflix to load on sky q. No problems on mobile device. I've tried re booting the system and refreshing the apps through the secret menu but still no luck. Can anyone help.
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Netflix not loading

@Debscree wrote:
Hi I can't get betflix to load on sky q. No problems on mobile device. I've tried re booting the system and refreshing the apps through the secret menu but still no luck. Can anyone help.

@Debscree I have moved your post into the large thread all about the same problem that you are having there are a few work arounds to try until Sky and Netflix get this sorted out 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by MartinWilkinson This message was authored by: MartinWilkinson

Cannot connect to Netflix, it just buffers

Cannot connect to netflix, just get the buffering logo at the bottom

This message was authored by AndrewJohns This message was authored by: AndrewJohns

Re: Cannot connect to Netflix, it just buffers

We have exactly the same issue!  Not the first time it has happened recently but Neflix works ok on our other devices.

This message was authored by Joanne691 This message was authored by: Joanne691

Router

My Netflix keeps buffering I have reset the router and sky box but still the same 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Router

@Joanne691 wrote:

My Netflix keeps buffering I have reset the router and sky box but still the same 

@Joanne691 I have moved your post into the large thread all about the same problem that you are having there are a few work arounds to try until Sky and Netflix get this sorted out 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Hi. I recommend you try signing in to Netflix thru a laptop or mobile Ie not Sky then:

Sign Out of device through a Web Browser:

1. Log into Netflix via the web browser.
  2. Highlight your profile picture (Top right corner).
  3. Click on Account.
  4. Under the Security and Privacy option, click on 'Manage access and devices'.
  5. Select the device name: (it may be called SkyQ ......or Sky UK Set-top box).
  6. Select--> click on the "Sign out" option on the SkyQ ......or Sky UK Set-top box.
  7. Sign out of Neflix on the Q box, start it up, press left and go to the help section to sign out.
  8. Reboot SkyQ box by turning off at the wall or plugging out for 1 minute.
  9. Go to your SkyQ box and launch the Netflix app on your SkyQ box.
This message was authored by Richt86 This message was authored by: Richt86

Netflix not loading

Anyone else having this same issue with Netflix loading on sky? We had it earlier in the year and the fixes seemed to work. Nothing is working now. Done the 001, unplugged it, software update, router reset. Nothing fixes it.

The Netflix app on sky is clearly not fit for purpose, going to have to use the TV app instead. Come on Sky, how long have you been ignoring this issue for?

This message was authored by SteveBrick99 This message was authored by: SteveBrick99

Hi.  I logged onto Netflix using a web browser on my Mac, went to Account then ' Manage access and Devices' and signed out of Netflix on my Sky Q box only. Then restarted my Sky Q box by unplugging from wall socket for 30 seconds and Viola - Netflix started straight away !

This message was authored by ann.c This message was authored by: ann.c

I don't understand why I should have to go through all of this to access a priduct I am paying for. Utterly ridiculous. If Sky cannot deliver this service they should not be selling it

Have you tried the below? I know you shouldn't have to but it works for me and has worked for some others

try signing in to Netflix thru a laptop or mobile Ie not Sky then try the following

Sign Out of device through a Web Browser:

1. Log into Netflix via the web browser.
  2. Highlight your profile picture (Top right corner).
  3. Click on Account.
  4. Under the Security and Privacy option, click on 'Manage access and devices'.
  5. Select the device name: (it may be called SkyQ ......or Sky UK Set-top box).
  6. Select--> click on the "Sign out" option on the SkyQ ......or Sky UK Set-top box.
  7. Sign out of Neflix on the Q box, start it up, press left and go to the help section to sign out.
  8. Reboot SkyQ box by turning off at the wall or plugging out for 1 minute.
  9. Go to your SkyQ box and launch the Netflix app on your SkyQ box.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion