Discussion topic: Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

This message was authored by Unicornpoo This message was authored by: Unicornpoo

Re: Netflix on sky q will not load

Hi just wanted to join this thread, as I discovered it when googling because we have had the same issue for the last few weeks. We've turned the everything off and unplugged and refreshed apps and it'll maybe work the next time we try to load Netflix. But the time after that just the spinning red ring of doom. 

(Removed)

Our TV doesn't have smart features and I'm not going to attempt to watch Netflix on my phone of an evening. 

Moderator note: Removed campaigning comment

This message was authored by kgallacher This message was authored by: kgallacher

Netflix not working - app not opening on Sky Q

Anyone else having issues with Nexflix on Sky Q? The app won't open and just getting a spinning red circle. Have tried rebooting the box which works sometimes but not prepared to do that every time I want to watch something. Nightmare! 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Netflix not working - app not opening on Sky Q

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@kgallacher 

I've merged your post into a lengthy thread discussing this issue that some customers are experiencing. See the post currently marked as the answer (post 2). We don't know when this update will start to be rolled out and Sky don't announce it. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

@CardiffGareth wrote:

I know this is a known fault and due to be fixed in the next software update, but I'm paying for a service I cannot us. Are we going to be getting a refund for the amount of time this service is down for? 

I'm amazed at the refund posts do we ask for a refund cause we haven't used our Sky Q box for two weeks due to being abroad 

Apologies to those who didn't have a Netflix subscription before joining Sky 

Unless in all honesty you haven't got another device to watch Netflix on refunds are out I'm afraid.

This message was authored by JohnB1 This message was authored by: JohnB1

Re: Netflix fails to load

Rebooting works for me but then the problem reoccurs time and again. I thought sky knew about this problem and we're going to sort it out. It's completely impractical to keep unplugging the box.

This message was authored by Jason641 This message was authored by: Jason641

The most recent software update (260), don't fix the problem, so don't waste your time like I did last night in the hope that it had been fixed. Not sure why this isn't priority for Sky to get this software update rolled out. It would be nice to have some feedback from an actual Sky employee too instead of these 'super users' that don't actually know anything!!

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Jason641 wrote:

The most recent software update (260), don't fix the problem, so don't waste your time like I did last night in the hope that it had been fixed. Not sure why this isn't priority for Sky to get this software update rolled out. It would be nice to have some feedback from an actual Sky employee too instead of these 'super users' that don't actually know anything!!

Nobody ever said that 260 would cure it (if you're affected, as many aren't), it will be in version 270.

Plenty of Sky employees have given feedback but like the super users that you arrogantly dismiss they get ignored and people will ask the same questions over and over.

This message was authored by Meems This message was authored by: Meems

Poor service is poor service. What I can't fathom, is why  you're basically saying suck it up buttercup. If you're not Sky employees and have no interest other than that of a user, why are you defending something that is causing a problem to others? Not everyone is tech savvy, not everyone has other devices. They've come to the forum for advice and support... basically because Sky can't be bothered to inform their users that there's a problem they're trying to fix!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Meems wrote:

because Sky can't be bothered to inform their users that there's a problem they're trying to fix!

@Meems 

If you read post 2 currently showing as the answer it says just that…

"Hi, this is a known issue to us. 

It is due to be resolved in our next software update."

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by piepowder This message was authored by: piepowder

Observation

I don’t watch Netflix that much to be honest - now and again. Came back from holiday to find the problem everyone is raising of spinning red wheel not loading. There are numerous comments scattered on the whole internet if one asks the question “why is Netflix not loading on SKY” going back to 2023. Hence one reason of amalgamation of threads is the huge scatter over time and across the internet of people asking why?

OK I’ve read most posts from 89 on and the comments, (some less than kind).

I’ve just tried the update software trick Settings> System info> software version>set up. I was on Q260. I updated as per. System updated and interestingly on checking what was updated to -  it was still Q260, so, the re-initialisation (flashing blue Q on restart) retained the same Q260 label attribute- despite the apparent updating, but the indication was updating occurred by flashing blue Q, or maybe not!😅

Result - bingo, Netflix stuttered then started up successfully. I have exited and restarted app x4 - it still works and seemingly faster strt up. One might ponder the stability of Q260 software version as to the causality.

Obviously tomorrow is another day and the stability may not hold, but beats unplugging etc. I cannot say it will work for everyone so if it doesn’t - don’t blame me. But if it is software instability let’s hope that it ain’t a certain FujXXXX company!

On a forum that you've had to search for support on! It should be on the start up screen!

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Meems wrote:

On a forum that you've had to search for support on! It should be on the start up screen!

Why would they do that? It only affects a relatively small percentage of users and if it's not loading then it's impossible to actually put anything up. The message would have to be embedded in the Netflix App which would involve developing a new App sent out to every box. You've not really thought this through, have you?

This message was authored by CardiffGareth This message was authored by: CardiffGareth

@best+of+the+best 

wrote:

I'm amazed at the refund posts do we ask for a refund cause we haven't used our Sky Q box for two weeks due to being abroad 

Apologies to those who didn't have a Netflix subscription before joining Sky 

Unless in all honesty you haven't got another device to watch Netflix on refunds are out I'm afraid.

This reply is so poor I don't know where to start! 

If I go on holiday for 2 weeks, this is a choice that I, the end user and bill payer makes, so that's down to me. The issue with netflix though is out of my control, not down to me the end user, and caused by an issue that's been going on for far too long, so yes, asking for a refund seems sensible when I'm paying for a service i can't use. 

Great idea about another device, I'll use my Sky Q mini box upstairs instead, oh wait I can't as that's controlled by the main Q box so also doesn't work. I know, as a family of 5, let's all huddle around my phone, yes, that's a great idea!

I hope you see your post is illogical. 

At the end of the day, if you pay for a service, which isn't cheap by the way, and it fails to deliver, then you're within your rights to ask for compensation in the form of a partial refund. 

It should be on the home screen!

This message was authored by Sunskai This message was authored by: Sunskai

Re: Netflix Won't Load / Spinning Circle

Hi, We are getting the red spinning circle when we try to access Netflix for the first time any day. We have to switch off and unplug the Sky Q box, sometimes on several occasions, to eventually be able to access this.

Can I please ask if there is any fix in the offing for the app: I'd rather not try to go through any complicated procedure that might not offer a oermanent fix at present, or might even make things worse. Many thanks. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion