Discussion topic: Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

This message was authored by Mete78 This message was authored by: Mete78

Netflix not loading on mini box

Last 3 days I can't get netflix to load in my bedroom on mini box, I've tried resetting the mini box unplugging etc and also the main box to no avail. 

I've tried reloading my WiFi and also done the hidden menu option,  nothing works. 

Why can I watch netflix downstairs on sky Q with no issues but it won't load upstairs .

I'm disabled so I spend most of my days in bed so need netflix to work.  Haven't had ur now for 3 days, what's going on?

Please help

This message was authored by Adrianwharmby This message was authored by: Adrianwharmby

Re: Netflix is no longer working since yesterday Sunday 24rd Juneunday

Yep just the red circle, so I am paying for something that i cannot use, how do I get compensation

This message was authored by Adrianwharmby This message was authored by: Adrianwharmby

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

How often should i be resetting my settings, this is getting rediculous

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Netflix is no longer working since yesterday Sunday 24rd Juneunday

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Adrianwharmby 

You are experiencing the problem on Sky Q. There are apparently no issues watching it be other means so I doubt compensation will be offered. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Netflix not loading on mini box

@Mete78 wrote:

Last 3 days I can't get netflix to load in my bedroom on mini box, I've tried resetting the mini box unplugging etc and also the main box to no avail. 

I've tried reloading my WiFi and also done the hidden menu option,  nothing works. 

Why can I watch netflix downstairs on sky Q with no issues but it won't load upstairs .

I'm disabled so I spend most of my days in bed so need netflix to work.  Haven't had ur now for 3 days, what's going on?

Please help

@Mete78 I have moved your post to a larger thread all about this problem of Netflix not loading. It is a strange problem as it can affect 1 box and not another. Sky have a fix for the problem and it will be rolled out in the next software update 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@WendyHinton wrote:

Wouldn't just be simpler for Sky to fix it given they are charging for it?

They maybe charging for it but it's still alot cheaper via Sky then Netflix.

Would you pay  £17.99 direct from Netflix to watch the red spinning circle on your Sky Q box ? I'm sure you'll find a different device to watch it on 

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@nobbynobby wrote:

TO EVERYONE:

I've just had a fix from a Sky Customer Services adviser that worked.

Go to:

Settings / Status / Network Connection / Network Setup /Reset

Even if you get the message that says your Network is fine, confirm the reset.

Worked straight away after reconnecting (you'll need to press the WPS button on the router)

It'll be pretty rubbish if this is the only thing that works until a software update, but at least it should get you going for a while.

That's not a fix it's workaround no different than changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1

This message was authored by Bob+Clare This message was authored by: Bob+Clare

I had the spinning thing on Netflix about 15 minutes ago.

I went on Settings - click that - click System info then click Software version and move to the right and click setup which takes you to Software download which I did. 

My software version now is Q260.000.05.00L (5sdpqlw)

Following the update Netflix now works - in the meantime I watched Netflix on my fire stick sad but you sometimes have to use an alternative.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

The update whereby the fix will hopefully be included is Q270. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Lou761 This message was authored by: Lou761

Netflix not loading on sky Q

For the last couple if weeks my netflix will not load and stays spinning on the inital screen.  I can fix it by doing a hard reboot on the box but don't want to have to do this everytime. 
Are there any solutions?

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Netflix not loading on sky Q

@Lou761 wrote:

For the last couple if weeks my netflix will not load and stays spinning on the inital screen.  I can fix it by doing a hard reboot on the box but don't want to have to do this everytime. 
Are there any solutions?

@Lou761 I have moved your post to the large thread all about the same problem you are having if you look at post 2 on page 1 of the thread the one marked as the answer it will let you know what the current situation is  

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by CardiffGareth This message was authored by: CardiffGareth

I know this is a known fault and due to be fixed in the next software update, but I'm paying for a service I cannot us. Are we going to be getting a refund for the amount of time this service is down for? 

This message was authored by LOUISE71312 This message was authored by: LOUISE71312

When is the update available to fix the problem with Netflix?

This message was authored by clairemcgarvie This message was authored by: clairemcgarvie

I have had this issue for the last month!

When will it be rectified?

Do we get a refund?

I'm paying for a service I cannot watch!

This message was authored by clairemcgarvie This message was authored by: clairemcgarvie

Re: Netflix on sky q will not load

Yes, unplugged all sky bixes and router.

All I get is a red spinning circle

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion