Discussion topic: Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

This message was authored by ForestHillJulie This message was authored by: ForestHillJulie

Re: Netflix app not working

Thanks for this @Daniel0210 .

Can anyone from Sky please confirm when this software update is happening, please?

Thanks

This message was authored by kareana This message was authored by: kareana

Re: Netfli won't load

But this ia a temporary fix it messes up again

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Netflix app not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ForestHillJulie wrote:

Thanks for this @Daniel0210 .

Can anyone from Sky please confirm when this software update is happening, please?

Thanks

@ForestHillJulie afraid Sky will not confirm when the next update is as if they did and for some reason the update was delayed then there would be hundreds/thousands of complaints so its best not to give any dates out also as its released in batches then not everyone would get it on the same date anyway  

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Heather550 This message was authored by: Heather550

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

When is the next update... it is happening more regularly with mine and it is very frustrating!! Paying for something and I can't  watch it!! Happening now and have re-started the box and still just red circle spinning!!

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@JuliaP2 wrote:

Same problem with our Sky Q box started last night (19/06).Have tried resetting apps via the hidden menu and switching off and restarting with no effect.

Well yep those rarely work. And have you tried signing out the Sky box in the Account/Manage Devices option in the netflix app (on another device)?

Re: Netfli won't load

@kareana wrote:

But this ia a temporary fix it messes up again

What is?

@Heather550 wrote:

When is the next update... it is happening more regularly with mine and it is very frustrating!! Paying for something and I can't  watch it!! Happening now and have re-started the box and still just red circle spinning!!

Please see the post 5 above yours.

(P.S. You can watch it, just not on the Sky box.)

This message was authored by Vaughan-William This message was authored by: Vaughan-William

Re: Netflix often not working on SkyQ

We have not had any problems with Netflix until about a week ago and now we cant access it at all.  We just get the logo and the red circle.  When is this going to be fixed as its very annoying and frustrating.

I have been a Sky subscriber for 22 year and am a VIP member!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Vaughan-William wrote:

When is this going to be fixed as its very annoying and frustrating.

I have been a Sky subscriber for 22 year and am a VIP member!

@Vaughan-William 

It's a general software update for Sky Q which will apparently include a fix for the Netflix issue some customers are seeing. Sky haven't announced when the rollout of the update will start. It's normally done gradually over a period of weeks. I'm afraid your length of continuous subscription/ VIP status isn't relevant.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by omarkiemarko This message was authored by: omarkiemarko

Re: Netflix red spinning circle

Any news when this software update is going to be?

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Netflix red spinning circle

@omarkiemarko wrote:

Any news when this software update is going to be?

@omarkiemarko nope as Sky dont release dates of updates 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Manestream This message was authored by: Manestream

ok, it all started around September last year (for quite a few of us), the so called fix's posted in here helped some but the issue ALWAYS kept coming back. It could be a day, 2 days or a week or even just simply loading up netflix on the 2nd or 3rd try after you had put in these various fix's for it to be doing the same thing again.

1st Easiest short term fix was to load up another app and log in (e.g paramount+, disney+, appleTV+, amazon Prime) and then immeditely jump onto netflix, sometimes this worked sometimes it did not.

2nd Another was to log in wait a minute or 2 if satill red spinnign circle close and retry repaet this 10-15 times and again sometimes it worked and mostly it did not.

3rd fix was to turn off the box via the plug AND your modem as well, wait 60-120 seconds then reboot, this tended to work for teh 1st time launch before the issue would come back for launching netflix after the 1st time.

4th and final was to log into the netflix account itself, remove access from skyQ (or whatever it was) and then retry it all over again havign to re-enter all details for logging in on ALL box's you have if you have any mini box's that is, each one must be reset up (and its a pain in the A-hole doign that for each one), especially when the min box's were not exactly hit with the issue. However this is just the same thing, a short min fix before the issue would appear once again.

I have tried and done all of them, gave up and just did either of teh 1st 3 fix attempts. This for us went on untill end of march beginning of April when (so far) the issue just went away after almost 7mths of the annoying thing. Others who also had the same issue around teh time i have now seen posting that the issue has returned for them again, so far i am out of that (and hopefully will remain so).

This message was authored by Dazza+white This message was authored by: Dazza+white

Netflix

Can't get my Netflix on

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Netflix

@Dazza+white 

What device is Netflix on ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Jojokay This message was authored by: Jojokay

Can’t connect to Netflix

Having trouble connecting to Netflix. Red circle just continues to spin! Services were suspended and connected again but not Netflix

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion