Discussion topic: Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

This message was authored by Helen+Warren This message was authored by: Helen+Warren

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

I've tried rebooting the Q box, doing the 0 0 1 thing but still more often than not, I can't get onto Netflix. Its been like it for months now. Its fine on the main Sky box but the whole point of having a Q box is for me & hubby to be able to watch our own preferred programmes. 

This message was authored by Helen+Warren This message was authored by: Helen+Warren

Re: Netflix on sky q will not load

Doesnt work..... tried & re-tried resetting the box to no avail.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Helen+Warren wrote:

Doesnt work..... tried & re-tried resetting the box to no avail.

Did you try all of the steps in the 'Answer' post on page 1?

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

... specifically the 2nd and 3rd suggested workarounds in the Spoiler section.

I wouldn't even know where to start with all of that....lol

That didn't work

This message was authored by BaileyGB This message was authored by: BaileyGB

It's strange how these fixes work perfectly for some, and not others. Where the problem, a lot of the time anyway, seems to be exactly the same. 

This message was authored by chadlear This message was authored by: chadlear

This worked for me - thanks!

@Helen+Warren wrote:

That didn't work

There are quote marks in the tool bar, if you use them you'll include the post you're replying to as nobody now knows what you've actually tried.

This message was authored by chadlear This message was authored by: chadlear

This worked for me -

click on the Netflix app and while it's spinning hold down the play/pause button at the same time as the back button until the app opens on screen.

This message was authored by Meems This message was authored by: Meems

Nor should you have to!
We pay for the convenience of having everything on one platform. It's not convenient if 9 times out of 10 it doesn't work!

This message was authored by swhxd06 This message was authored by: swhxd06

Well, mine was working perfectly for several weeks - hence I thought that a solution was being rolled out. Not so anymore! It has stopped working again 🤬

I did the logout via Netflix, rebooted the Sky Q box, and it came back on. I guess I'll have to do that regularly until they finally  come up with a permanent fix (if they ever do!)

This message was authored by pmccoy This message was authored by: pmccoy

My Netflix is hanging. Can't get into it just keep getting the spinning circle. If sky don't fix this soon I'll cancel my subscription and go elsewhere.

@pmccoy wrote:

My Netflix is hanging. Can't get into it just keep getting the spinning circle. If sky don't fix this soon I'll cancel my subscription and go elsewhere.

As is your right as long as you're out of minimum term. Do you not have a smart TV that has the Netflix app built in?

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@swhxd06 wrote:

Well, mine was working perfectly for several weeks - hence I thought that a solution was being rolled out. Not so anymore! It has stopped working again 🤬

I did the logout via Netflix, rebooted the Sky Q box, and it came back on. I guess I'll have to do that regularly until they finally  come up with a permanent fix (if they ever do!)

Did you try it before rebooting the Q box (which takes ages) but after doing the device logout (which takes moments) ?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion