Discussion topic: Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

This message was authored by Corinne4 This message was authored by: Corinne4

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

April 2024 and I am still getting this constant red circle, Netflix via smart tv straight in so clearly issue via sky box. Work arounds only work temporarily. How do I cancel Netflix through sky and go back directly to Netflix? Ridiculous this issue is ongoing. This thread was starts in sept 2023 as far as I can see!

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Corinne4 wrote:

April 2024 and I am still getting this constant red circle, Netflix via smart tv straight in so clearly issue via sky box. Work arounds only work temporarily. How do I cancel Netflix through sky and go back directly to Netflix? Ridiculous this issue is ongoing. This thread was starts in sept 2023 as far as I can see!

Call Sky and cancel it and then resubscribe through the Netflix website.

Chances are you'll be paying more but it's your money. At least you can cancel it easier via Netflix.

This message was authored by swhxd06 This message was authored by: swhxd06

I don't want to tempt fate, but mine has now been working perfectly for about a week. Maybe the fix has finally been downloaded to my Sky Q box🤞

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Corinne4 wrote:

You know you can use your sky subscribed netflix on any device you like?

This message was authored by BaileyGB This message was authored by: BaileyGB

I used the fix, shown on here months ago and touch wood.... everything's been fine since.

@Chodley wrote:

@Corinne4 wrote:

They do say that Netflix via the TV works flawlessly, why they're getting all worked up about the app on the box then I have no clue. It's £4.99, £10.99 or £17.99 for the three tiers standalone so they'll be paying less through their Sky account.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chodley wrote:

@Corinne4 wrote:

They do say that Netflix via the TV works flawlessly, why they're getting all worked up about the app on the box then I have no clue. It's £4.99, £10.99 or £17.99 for the three tiers standalone so they'll be paying less through their Sky account.

So I pay separately mostly because I'm too lazy to change it. Can't see why anyone who already has the discounted Sky price would change back.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Re: Netflix not loading

@Anonymous wrote:

@Donaldo70 wrote:

I have the same issue. The answer is to dump Sky. Problem is where I live. Virgin Money needs to get here because Sky says they cannot help.

The answer(s) is in the 2nd post marked as the answer as it happens at:- 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Netflix-Red-Spinning-Circle-on-Launch/td-p/4428388

The other option which would be by far favourite to my mind is to use the App on your Smart TV (presuming it has one) instead. I use it where possible over the Q Apps as the Q box is showing it's age now. Amazon Prime for instance on the box buffers badly for UHD whereas the TV is perfect and seems to have a better picture and audio both. They load quicker than the Q box as well and having specific buttons for Prime, Disney+ and Netflix is just the silver lining.

So what happens if the Firetvstick is also getting the red circle on the Netflix app but the Sky Q Netflix app is working as it should obviously I'd watch it via Sky Q if that was the case.

My FireTv stick  connects to 5ghz and two DNS servers are listed in the Netflix app on my FireTvstick

192.168.1.1 (not using Sky BB at the moment) 

Re: Netflix not loading

@best+of+the+best wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Donaldo70 wrote:

I have the same issue. The answer is to dump Sky. Problem is where I live. Virgin Money needs to get here because Sky says they cannot help.

The answer(s) is in the 2nd post marked as the answer as it happens at:- 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Netflix-Red-Spinning-Circle-on-Launch/td-p/4428388

The other option which would be by far favourite to my mind is to use the App on your Smart TV (presuming it has one) instead. I use it where possible over the Q Apps as the Q box is showing it's age now. Amazon Prime for instance on the box buffers badly for UHD whereas the TV is perfect and seems to have a better picture and audio both. They load quicker than the Q box as well and having specific buttons for Prime, Disney+ and Netflix is just the silver lining.

So what happens if the Firetvstick is also getting the red circle on the Netflix app but the Sky Q Netflix app is working as it should obviously I'd watch it via Sky Q if that was the case.

My FireTv stick  connects to 5ghz and two DNS servers are listed in the Netflix app on my FireTvstick

192.168.1.1 (not using Sky BB at the moment) 

Awesome, I'm happy for you. No idea what that's got to with it mind as no one mentioned a Firestick.

This message was authored by JohnC6 This message was authored by: JohnC6

So a fix that's worked for me is to manually update the q box software.

Settings >system info>software version >setup>software download. Took about 10 minutes but Netflix has booted straight up since. Might be worth a try for some people. 

I tried that (amongst other things) early onn. It did work, but not for long. Sky told me that they were rolling out an update for the Netflix app, so I'm guessing that's why mine now seems to be working. Hopefully everyone else will get the update soon

This message was authored by JohnC6 This message was authored by: JohnC6

I'd tried everything else except that. Hopefully it's cured, time will tell. Suggests to me that box updates aren't automatic though, but i could be wrong. 

According to Sky they are (or at least this one is), but they are not all updated at the same time. Fingers crossed that you get it soon 🤞

This message was authored by Pogit This message was authored by: Pogit

What are people's sky Q version and Netflix version.  My main Sky Q box is being a pain with Netflix  occasionally rebooting it fixes it but if I have any network issues it brings it back again and I just get the red circle.  What makes it worse is I'm currently having electrical work done so networks up and down like a yo yo.    Netflix on a mini and on other devices are fine it's only on the Q 2TB box that's having issues. 

SkyQ 2TBv3 (32B206 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu0) (Ethernet) on LGUM7400, SkyQMini (32D0B2 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu) (Ethernet) Virgin Media BB.
This message was authored by Pogit This message was authored by: Pogit

My netflix version is

Q260.000.05L-5.04-2.1.1 btw 

SkyQ 2TBv3 (32B206 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu0) (Ethernet) on LGUM7400, SkyQMini (32D0B2 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu) (Ethernet) Virgin Media BB.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion