Discussion topic: Netflix asking for payment card on new contract

This message was authored by stevewilkinson This message was authored by: stevewilkinson

Netflix asking for payment card on new contract

I cancelled Sky Q but then decided to stay after receiving an offer, Netflix was working fine during the cancelllation period but it stopped working as soon as I recontracted.  It keeps asking to add payment card/details.

Sky advised me today to enter a payment card into my netflix account and reassurred me that I won't be charged on the card as Netflix Premium is part of my Sky package.

Has anyone else done this, seems a receipe for paying twice a month to me.

Thanks for helping.

All Replies

stevewilkinson
Topic Author
This message was authored by stevewilkinson This message was authored by: stevewilkinson

Re: Netflix asking for payment card on new contract

Update 29.3.24

I was transfered to Technical today, 1 hour on the call.  They took Netflix off my package and added it back on.  Still won't work at all, asking for me to add a payment card.  Surely this can't be correct, I've never had a card on Netflix, always came as being linked to Sky.

Also the unhelpful technical advisor has increased the cost of my package by not adding Netflix back on at the same discount.

An hour call, and £3 a month worse off and still not working.

How hard can this be for Sky to sort out!

This message was authored by RColey17 This message was authored by: RColey17

We are having the exact same issue. We experienced an issue with renewing our contract at the beginning of the month and it has been a nightmare since. 
We spent over an hour on the phone today to be told Netflix isn't on our account, but we have been paying for it. They said I would have to pay an extra £4 for it today (not sure why when it's part of our bill) for it to go back on but we would be refunded. 
Tried Netflix just now and it's still not working! Very fustrating. 

stevewilkinson
Topic Author

Its just weird, they don't seem to know what they have to do to link Netflix back up with my Sky account.

Sadly mines still not on.

Ours is now working after over 2 hours on the phone to the tech team. Although they said on the first call our Netflix had been readded to our package they forgot to tell us we had to do a full system reset of the Tv for it to work (log out of Netflix on Tv and then switch off at mains). Once it reset, Netflix Home Screen came back up saying 'welcome to Netflix via sky'. 
They still can't explain why they are adding on as an extra cost when it's in my package to do the fix, but that's a job for next week.  

stevewilkinson
Topic Author

Thanks, did you ever have to put in your credit card for payment, I've never had to before with Sky and feel it would just be charged by Netflix and get me nowhere with Sky.

On resetting the whole system and logging out of Netflix via Tv, the pop up for card payment has gone. 

stevewilkinson
Topic Author

Was it just a power off box reset or from within the settings menu reset?

Did you sign out of netflix app before or after ther reset.

Thanks

Steve

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RColey17 wrote:

Ours is now working after over 2 hours on the phone to the tech team. Although they said on the first call our Netflix had been readded to our package they forgot to tell us we had to do a full system reset of the Tv for it to work (log out of Netflix on Tv and then switch off at mains). Once it reset, Netflix Home Screen came back up saying 'welcome to Netflix via sky'. 
They still can't explain why they are adding on as an extra cost when it's in my package to do the fix, but that's a job for next week.  

@RColey17 what level of netflix package did you have before you had the problem ? as all the Netflix packages have changed through Sky now 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
stevewilkinson
Topic Author

We had the UHD premium, which is the same that we've gone back onto with the new contract.

We had the premium Netflix that can be streamed on multiple apps before the changes were made. 
We logged out of Netflix via Sky Tv main box (on the Netflix home screen press the left hand arrow and select help then log out). Switched sky box off at the plug and allowed it to reset. Did the job! 

@RColey17 wrote:

We had the premium Netflix that can be streamed on multiple apps before the changes were made. 
We logged out of Netflix via Sky Tv main box (on the Netflix home screen press the left hand arrow and select help then log out). Switched sky box off at the plug and allowed it to reset. Did the job! 

@RColey17 have you checked future bills to see if Sky are still charging you more for Netflix going forward ?

stevewilkinson
Topic Author

Yes, its listed in future bills and also the details of my package.  Thats why I don't want to add my card to Netflix or I'll be paying twice for sure.

@stevewilkinson wrote:

Yes, its listed in future bills and also the details of my package.  Thats why I don't want to add my card to Netflix or I'll be paying twice for sure.

@stevewilkinson how much extra are they charging you for netflix premium? 

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@stevewilkinson wrote:

@stevewilkinson it could happen but if it's set up correctly even if you entered your card details you should only be paying Sky at the end of the day.

Over the years since I've had Netflix with Sky not once have I been charged twice for entering my card details or updating my card details.

Only time this happened was when I linked the wrong email address for my Netflix account that was an error on my part.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion