Discussion topic: Netflix account hacked with locked profile

This message was authored by Awmi This message was authored by: Awmi

Netflix account hacked with locked profile

Hi, my Netflix account through my sky package has been hacked, email address changed and profile locked. The Netflix account through my true email account is now showing no active account and asks me to subscribe. I've managed to find out what the email address they've changed it to is (someone in Columbia) but despite a couple of attempts with Netflix customer support they say they can't do anything without a service code. I can't access the service code as it's locked on the profile page and not the Netflix home page so going around in circles. Sky tell me to contact netflix, Netflix to contact sky. Can anyone help in delinking this rogue account from my sky package so my proper one can be relinked, with new password! I don't want to have to reset the entire box if possible. Thanks

Best Answers
Awmi
Topic Author
This message was authored by Awmi This message was authored by: Awmi Answer

Re: Netflix account hacked with locked profile

Thanks, all sorted how. It was locked on their profile page so couldn't kick them out. Managed to get the service code through the up up, down, down etc hack from another thread which also showed what email address they'd changed my account to. With that info netlix were then able to remove them and change it back to my email which then recognised I had a subscription with them through sky. 

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Awmi can you not simply sign out of Netflix, and then re sign in with your own credentials?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
Awmi
Topic Author
This message was authored by Awmi This message was authored by: Awmi Answer

Thanks, all sorted how. It was locked on their profile page so couldn't kick them out. Managed to get the service code through the up up, down, down etc hack from another thread which also showed what email address they'd changed my account to. With that info netlix were then able to remove them and change it back to my email which then recognised I had a subscription with them through sky. 

This message was authored by Mboscar This message was authored by: Mboscar

Awmi 

I am having exactly the same problem. What's the up up down down thing! That you have to do to get service code 

Awmi
Topic Author
This message was authored by Awmi This message was authored by: Awmi

Hi @Mboscar 

Go to the Netflix app on Sky Q and on the screen with the random profile press the following buttons on the Sky remote.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up

This should take you to a hidden menu and one of the tabs has the email address and the service code. Good luck!

This message was authored by Ger83 This message was authored by: Ger83

We had this issue also, it's like it's being done deliberately by netflix as they roll out their new processes with regards account sharing

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Ger83 wrote:

We had this issue also, it's like it's being done deliberately by netflix as they roll out their new processes with regards account sharing

No it's people hacking your account.

This message was authored by Ger83 This message was authored by: Ger83

That's not good 

No but it's been going on for years. Netflix need to introduce 2-factor auth. Passwords are too easily given away.

This message was authored by Sweep20 This message was authored by: Sweep20

Hi found their email account through up down but where is the service code allocated

Steve

This message was authored by rolo3 This message was authored by: rolo3

Ive just tried the up and down thing on the remote from a previous thread but its not working... Any ideas i seem to have been hacked by a tina from france and shes locked the profile...

@rolo3 wrote:
Ive just tried the up and down thing on the remote from a previous thread but its not working... Any ideas i seem to have been hacked by a tina from france and shes locked the profile...

Phone Netflix

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@rolo3 wrote:

Fair comment @rolo3 has the hacker created more profiles which are locked or have you got the option to create a new profile by clicking the box with  the plus sign?

16953752158487403237778552876214.jpg

If you haven't got the option to add a new profile it's been pin locked also to prevent this

Screenshot_20230922_110121_Samsung Internet.jpg

If that's the case take @Chodley advice and ring Netflix 

This message was authored by king-billy This message was authored by: king-billy

Same here, I've got the email address but where do I find the pin?

This message was authored by rolo3 This message was authored by: rolo3

@king-billy i phoned netflix , they were really helpfull and was sorted in no time .

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion