Discussion topic: Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

This message was authored by Richy79 This message was authored by: Richy79

Re: Netflix Won't Load / Spinning Circle

I just get the spinning red circle when trying to load Netflix on my sky mini box in my bedroom, it works fine on my main sky q box

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Netflix Won't Load / Spinning Circle

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Richy79 wrote:

I just get the spinning red circle when trying to load Netflix on my sky mini box in my bedroom, it works fine on my main sk@y q box

@Richy79 have a read of post 2 on page 1 it tells you what is being done and gives a work around

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by DD131 This message was authored by: DD131

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

Update from my last post....

Tried absolutely everything from every post.  Some worked for a couple of days and then the problem came back.

Some didn't work at all.

2 weeks so far and no problems..... touch wood!!!

If you have the netflix app...if not download it onto a device and sign in.

Go to account settings and sign out of sky devices.

I thought I would have to sign in again on  sky, but no... everything still working and had no problems since. Fingers crossed.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@DD131 wrote:

Tried absolutely everything from every post.  Some worked for a couple of days and then the problem came back.

Some didn't work at all.

I thought I would have to sign in again on  sky, but no... everything still working and had no problems since. Fingers crossed.

Sooo ... that thing is what we've been banging on about for months since Sam had it work and is in many posts including the one in this thread posted by Sky as the Answer (temporary until the bug is properly fixed), not sure how you'd tried "everything in every post" and not already tried that?

Glad you have it working 👍

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@DD131 wrote:

Some didn't work at all.

Have you just outed yourself as having multiple accounts on here, and you've confused yourself over which one you should be using?

I ask as you only have one other post and that was about your broadband not connecting 🙂

This message was authored by PETROS+PETRA This message was authored by: PETROS+PETRA

This below has been posted many times -

Sign Out of device through a Web Browser:

1. Log into Netflix via the web browser.
  2. Highlight your profile picture (Top right corner).
  3. Click on Account.
  4. Under the Security and Privacy option, click on 'Manage access and devices'.
  5. Select the device name: (it may be called SkyQ ......or Sky UK Set-top box).
  6. Select--> click on the "Sign out" option on the SkyQ ......or Sky UK Set-top box.

7. Reboot SkyQ box by turning off at the wall or plugging out for 1 minute.

8. Go to your SkyQ box and launch the Netflix app on your SkyQ box.

It seems to work.

1-6 is done on your online account

This message was authored by Catboyd This message was authored by: Catboyd

Re: NETFLIX

Did all of the steps again and turned the sky box off at the wall for 2 minutes.

Netflix is finally back working 🙌🏻🙌🏻

This message was authored by denis.estevez This message was authored by: denis.estevez

@Anonymous wrote:

@denis.estevez wrote:

Fully rebooting/unplugging from wall and then sign out of Netflix portal on PC was tried before posting my steps. It just keeps on reoccurring after using other apps and then switching back to Netflix. For me the full reboot method does not work. But the one I posted does. 

That's because the steps are to sign out of all devices (rather than just the Q box) on the PC or phone first and then reboot the Q box. Not the other way around. Or at least that's what's worked for many on here.

Even then, that still does not work for me. I tried the instructions down to the letter. Also, that's really what i meant in my post actually (though i know it sounds as though i'm unplugging from the wall FIRST, but i was signing out of just the q box, or even ALL devices, THEN reboot, but still to no avail). As mentioned, the minute another app gets used, I lose all Netflix functionality when i try to switch back into the app.

This message was authored by denis.estevez This message was authored by: denis.estevez

So the only thing that makes it work for me is:

1) stand by sky box off (and definitely there is no need to unplug it at the socket!).

2) go to Netflix portal on PC/Tablet and sign off your sky device only on your account, (or sign off all devices as you prefer (under manage your devices))

3) switch sky box on/wake it up from stand by

4) launch first the youtube/bbc iplayer app in skybox

5) play something inside sky's youtube/bbc iplayer app

6) exit youtube/bbc iplayer app via home button on remote

7) launch netflix

😎 wait a few seconds..

and hey presto we are in!

@Yidangel wrote:

Nope the u tube thing did not work for me 😭

As I said, this may not work for everybody. It certainly makes it work for me if you follow the above steps exactly. But everybody's box and I guess variant of the software or apps installed will vary. Maybe try the original Answer workaround, see if the full reboot method makes it work at least.

This message was authored by KEITHWEBB860 This message was authored by: KEITHWEBB860

Netflix will not start on either of my TV screens. It gets to the logo and then a circle goes round

When trying to access Netflix on both my TV's the process arrives at the Netflix logo with a circle going round and round at the bottom of the screens. It goes no further no matter how long - we've had this screen buffering for over an hour. 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: Netflix will not start on either of my TV screens. It gets to the logo and then a circle goes ro

@KEITHWEBB860 wrote:

When trying to access Netflix on both my TV's the process arrives at the Netflix logo with a circle going round and round at the bottom of the screens. It goes no further no matter how long - we've had this screen buffering for over an hour. 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Netflix-Red-Spinning-Circle-on-Launch/m-p/4694387#M654564

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Netflix will not start on either of my TV screens. It gets to the logo and then a circle goes ro

@KEITHWEBB860 

I've merged your post into the large thread discussing this issue that some customers are experiencing. See the post currently marked as the answer (post 2) and other possible temporary fixes.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Swannell This message was authored by: Swannell

I have netflix not working on on my main sky box but it works on all the others

I have netflix not working on on my main sky box but it works on all the others

This message was authored by Kate5 This message was authored by: Kate5

Re: I have netflix not working on on my main sky box but it works on all the others

The App Netflix just buffers and doesnt  load .

Ladt use was 3rd August 

Internet fine , all other channels work

Have scanned tv , restarted box and still no access 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion