Discussion topic: Netflix Login has gone and showing Spanish logins

This message was authored by Leigh778246 This message was authored by: Leigh778246

Netflix Login has gone and showing Spanish logins

I click on Netflix and my login has gone and has been replaced with unknown Spanish logins?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley Answer

Re: Netflix Login has gone and showing Spanish logins

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

1. I think you'll find it does

IMG_9193.jpeg

2. I didn't say it would fix the profiles. They have changed them on your account, they won't magically dissapear. I said you'll have to change them back or perhaps Netflix can restore them somehow.

3. That's why I said call Netflix and not Sky.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

You mean your list of profiles, I assume, not your login?

account has been hacked. You'll have to call netflix. If you can still login on a PC or phone app, you can try kicking all the devices off and change your password.

Leigh778246
Topic Author
This message was authored by Leigh778246 This message was authored by: Leigh778246

Yes my profile has gone and is now 5 Spanish profiles I have never heard of. 
I don't pay Netflix I pay Sky.  I've been on to Netflix website and changed password but I still get 5 Spanish profiles on Sky App when I click on it?

@Leigh778246 wrote:

Yes my profile has gone and is now 5 Spanish profiles I have never heard of. 
I don't pay Netflix I pay Sky.  I've been on to Netflix website and changed password but I still get 5 Spanish profiles on Sky App when I click on it?

Doesn't matter who you pay

On the website version, kick off all devices in Manage Access and Devices or they'll be able to continue to use your account as it doesn't ask for the password, it uses a token system. When you kick them off those tokens should be expired and without the new password they shouldn't be able to get back in.

you will have to set up your profiles again I suspect. Don't know if Netflix can restore those.

Leigh778246
Topic Author

On Netflix? It doesn't give you that option only when you change password which I have done and ticked off all devices. 
its not made a blind bit of difference to the profile on SKY when I click on the Netflix App, still shows 5 Spanish profiles.

The last time I had this issue I was on the phone to Sky for 3 hours and it was a nightmare, they were useless 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley Answer

1. I think you'll find it does

IMG_9193.jpeg

2. I didn't say it would fix the profiles. They have changed them on your account, they won't magically dissapear. I said you'll have to change them back or perhaps Netflix can restore them somehow.

3. That's why I said call Netflix and not Sky.

Leigh778246
Topic Author

I appreciate your input but I don't have a plan details on Netflix because I don't pay them a fee, I only have it through my SKY PACKAGE so when I go into my profile on Netflix it doesn't show your screen shot at all 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Leigh778246 wrote:

I appreciate your input but I don't have a plan details on Netflix because I don't pay them a fee, I only have it through my SKY PACKAGE so when I go into my profile on Netflix it doesn't show your screen shot at all 

@Leigh778246 As you say you can't access that area through your Sky box but you can online through a web browser see pic below taken from accessing Netflix through google 

hover on the profile icon in the top right hand side then click on account 

2024-01-20 (2).png

If that doesn't work you will need to contact Netflix as only they will be able to access your account to fix this 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
Leigh778246
Topic Author

That's my point I don't pay Netflix so I don't have a plan, I get it as part of my SKY package. So just to be clear on Netflix it says - steaming plan - no steaming plan, add streaming plan.

This is not a Netflix issue it must be a SKY one 

@Leigh778246 wrote:

That's my point I don't pay Netflix so I don't have a plan, I get it as part of my SKY package. So just to be clear on Netflix it says - steaming plan - no steaming plan, add streaming plan.

@Leigh778246 if you look at my screenshot you will see that it states i also pay sky as well

Its not a Sky issue its Netflix that provides the service you only pay Sky its Netflixes app We advise many people that this happens to, to contact Netflix and it gets sorted for them 

@Leigh778246 wrote:

You don't go into Profile. You go into Account.

I know what paying through Sky means. No need for the caps like you're speaking to an idiot.

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@Leigh778246 wrote:

Like you, I subscribe to netflix via sky

What @Chodley and @Laing1 are saying is correct. I have the same option as they both are showing you.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer.
If you have questions about Sky, please post on the forums and do not send me private messages about them. I'm only a customer like you.
This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat

Why is it always Spanish accounts that seem to hack Netflix via Sky? 

Did a Spanish hacker somehow access a Sky server, got hold of lots of usernames and passwords and start selling them within Spain? 

@Jones_The_Cat wrote:

Did a Spanish hacker somehow access a Sky server, got hold of lots of usernames and passwords and start selling them within Spain? 

@Jones_The_Cat but its not just Netflix accounts via Sky this happens to it also happens to Netflix accounts that are paid via Netflix, Virgin and BT.

So not sure why you think someone from Spain (they are also not the only country that speaks Spanish) has hacked a Sky server 

@Jones_The_Cat wrote:

Indeed it's not specific to Sky accounts. I reckon most of these are in use in Mexico and/ or South America.

and I mentioned above (edit: sorry in another similar thread) how they seem to hack them. Doesn't need usernames & passwords. Netflix should improve their authentication to be honest.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion