Discussion topic: Need to move to stream as new flat can't set up sky q

This message was authored by Christina28 This message was authored by: Christina28

Need to move to stream as new flat can't set up sky q

Hi all,

Just moved and been with sky 16 years but now I can't get sky Q.  I now have to get a puck and streaming contract.

Anyone else went through this? What was the outcome? More/less expensive?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Need to move to stream as new flat can't set up sky q

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Christina28  Give Sky a call they can sort this out for you, any deals are always customer specific, what one customer may get another won't.

You can call on 150 from a Sky Talk Line or Sky Mobile.

If you haven't got a current Sky Mobile or Sky Talk this link should help:
(UK) https://www.sky.com/help/home Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number
(ROI) on the same link change the flag in the very bottom corner to the ROI flag to obtain an 0818 number.

Stay on the line and don’t hang up if prompted to. Apparently the quieter times to ring are just after 7am or about 9pm.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Need to move to stream as new flat can't set up sky q

@Christina28 wrote:

Hi all,

Just moved and been with sky 16 years but now I can't get sky Q.  I now have to get a puck and streaming contract.

Anyone else went through this? What was the outcome? More/less expensive?

The cost of Sky Stream is largely dependent on what you watch. The key thing about it is that it is very different to Sky Q and relies entirely on you having a fast and stable broadband connection (at additional cost, but does not need to be with Sky). It also does not record programmes in the same way as Q so you need to be willing to accept on demand streaming of programmes, rather than playing back of recordings. 

Sky Stream has the benefit of offering UHD & Atmos on multiple pucks at the same time (bandwidth allowing) if you have multiple 4K TVs with appropriate sound decoding devices attached, but this requires the Whole Home subscription at additional cost. 

If you like fast forwarding through ads on recordings from Sky Q then you will need the ad-skipping pack on Sky Stream (at additional cost). 

If you are currently out of contract on Sky Q then the overall cost of Stream could well be lower, but pricing does vary. If you are still in contract on Q then you'll need to ring Sky to discuss your options. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion