Discussion topic: My sky remote wont work. The batteries ran out and i replaced them still wont work

This message was authored by MaryT67 This message was authored by: MaryT67

My sky remote wont work. The batteries ran out and i replaced them still wont work

The batteries in my sky remote ran out. I replaced them and pressed 7 and 9 for 4 flashes but nothing happens when I press 1 and 3 together

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: My sky remote wont work. The batteries ran out and i replaced them still wont work

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MaryT67 wrote:

The batteries in my sky remote ran out. I replaced them and pressed 7 and 9 for 4 flashes but nothing happens when I press 1 and 3 together

hi @MaryT67 

After resetting the remote with the 7 & you must make sure it has line of sight of the Q box.

Is your box in standby & if so what happens if you press the power on button (making sure it has line of sight I mention above)

MaryT67
Topic Author
This message was authored by MaryT67 This message was authored by: MaryT67

Re: My sky remote wont work. The batteries ran out and i replaced them still wont work

Thank you Nigea99. It's the remote for a multi room box. Do I need to go to the main sky q box?

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MaryT67 wrote:

Thank you Nigea99. It's the remote for a multi room box. Do I need to go to the main sky q box?

hi @MaryT67 

No for this just the mini box that you are trying to use it with

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion